This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

When I get asked what year I am (in college), I’ve recently found myself choking up.  I don’t know if it’s denial or a state of being in shock, but whenever I say I will graduate in December, it still doesn’t seem to make sense.  I can remember the first night in my freshman dorm.  Here I was, 86 miles away from home in a room with a girl I hadn’t known for more than a couple months.  It was strange but exciting.  

Each semester seemed to fly by faster and faster.  One second I am in a business elective class and the next I am taking actual classes for my major.  I’ve witnessed friends not come back.  I’ve had my moments where I stood there and thought, “Is this the right journey for me?”  Now, here I am, 12 weeks away from becoming a Kutztown Alum.

The scary part of it all is how many times I was told this would happen.  So many people made sure to say how fast college will fly by.  I went from this freshman student on Student Government Board to a senior in multiple clubs, a sorority, and graduating with not just a major, but also a minor.  I’ve been catching myself thinking over and over again of all the memories.  While the majority are good, happy, and fun memories, it makes me sad realizing how long ago they’ve happened.

I have been beyond blessed with the multiple opportunities I’ve had in my college career.  I’ve gained more than I could’ve wished for.  From studying abroad in Ireland to moving into my first apartment, I’ve had to go through the good and the bad to get where I am today.  As I sit and realize how fast these last 12 weeks will fly by, I am thankful for everything that has given me the best three and a half years of my life.  There is not a single thing I would change about this journey.  While I am ready to see what life has to offer after December, I know a piece of my heart will always belong in Kutztown.  

Born in Scranton, PA, Cara is a marketing student at Kuztown University of Pennsylvania. She enjoys posting anything related to pugs, watching drama rom. movies, and eating a plethora of pizza.