Advice for Graduating Seniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

As the semester quickly progresses, seniors graduating this spring are starting to sweat. At least, I know I am. All of the responsibilities hurtling toward me are overwhelming and scary. Rest assured knowing you aren’t alone and that we’re all feeling this way. 

One of my biggest pieces of advice is to not procrastinate. Although this message is beneficial for all years and majors, this is crucial for seniors not to procrastinate. Applying for internships, applying for graduation, and getting all your papers in order takes time and energy. It’s important to dedicate energy to it despite how intimidating the process is. Getting all your stuff done now rather than later can really help with senioritis and impending doom. 

Another word of advice is to bring your resume and other important documents to the Career Development Center to get a second opinion. I recently did this and it completely changed my resume for the better. They have information on just about any important document you would need as well as other great resources, especially for seniors. A refined resume can completely transform how employers view you versus another candidate, which is why it is important to dedicate the time to such documents. The CDC also participates in job and internship fairs, as well as mock interviews. Visit their website if any of those things interest you, at https://www.kutztown.edu/about-ku/administrative-offices/career-development-center.html

Whatever you do, don’t sweat too hard. Enjoy your last few semesters of undergrad, but also get your stuff done. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. 

Sarah Mengel

Kutztown '23

Senior English major with a minor coffee addiction :)