This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Over the last several years, podcasts have skyrocketed in popularity alongside fans’ desire to understand their favorite celebrities on a more personal level. Media-centered podcasts have become particularly prevalent due to having fairly low production costs and large pre-existing audiences eager for information regarding industry secrets and experiences. However, some creatives are far more talented at producing work than they are at vocalizing their feelings about the process behind said creations. To save you the time and effort of having to sort through Spotify’s vast library, here are eight podcasts that will have you tuning in instead of out:

1. Armchair Expert with dax shepard

Co-hosted by actor/comedian/director Dax Shepard (CHiPS, Parenthood) and actress/producer Monica Padman (The Good Place), this podcast is all about the entertainment industry and the human condition. Shepard and Padman aren’t afraid to get deep, exploring a variety of topics from their own experiences with addiction to abusive relationships to burnout. Notable guests include Shepard’s wife, Kristen Bell; Jordan Peele, Nicholas Hoult, and Constance Wu. Certain episodes include interactions with fan stories and interviews with those outside of the entertainment industry, such as astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and forensic anthropologist Erin Kimmerle. The podcast is super informative, entertaining, and heart-wrenching all at the same time. You can’t help but be sucked into Shepard and Padman’s curiosity and openness as they explore topics that are left untouched by other podcasts for fear of discomfort.

2. The Producer’s Guide: Todd Garner & Hollywood’s Elite

Although host Todd Garner, the head of Broken Road Productions, has stepped away from the podcast to focus on making movies, the information contained within each episode is no less relevant. Garner interviews executive crew members, from producers to writers to directors. Each episode contains a vast amount of information regarding the business side of working in the entertainment industry. Notable guests include Cobra Kai producers Jon Hurwitz, Josh Heald, and Hayden Schlossberg; Crazy Rich Asians director Jon M. Chu; and Hunger Games producer Nina Jacobson. It’s a podcast for anyone who’s interested in pre-production and the financial aspects of the industry that aren’t as thoroughly explored in other long-form interviews.

3. The Happy Writer with Marissa Meyer

Hosted by #1 New York Times-bestselling author Marissa Meyer (the Lunar Chronicles, Renegades Trilogy), this podcast is an aspiring writer’s dream. Meyer interviews fellow young-adult authors about their origins, inspirations, and experiences in the writing industry. Notable guests include fellow #1 New York Times-bestselling authors Victoria Aveyard (Red Queen series, Realm Breaker series) and Marie Lu (Legend series, Young Elites series), as well as Associate Publisher of Macmillan Children’s Group Liz Szabla. Meyer’s goal is to bring “more joy to [the] writing process,” beginning each episode with what has made her happy in the past week. Her enthusiasm and encouraging attitude make the podcast a must-listen for struggling writers and book lovers alike.

4. Vulnerable with Christy Carlson Romano

Actress/singer Christy Carlson Romano (Kim Possible, Even Stevens) is bringing back all of the Disney nostalgia in her new podcast. She was encouraged to start the podcast after videos of her walking and talking about her experiences as a child star blew up on YouTube. Romano interviews fellow Disney Channel alumni about the darker parts of the industry, as well as up-and-coming stars on what’s changed in popular culture and what hasn’t. Notable guests include Monique Coleman (High School Musical, Guidance), Alyson Stoner (Camp Rock, Phineas and Ferb), and Mattel Television’s Manager of Creative Content Mattel Teale. Each episode provides a more realistic perspective on the programs that we idolized as kids, and Romano does a fantastic job at approaching potentially triggering topics with empathy and tact.

5. Zach Sang Show

Co-hosted by radio DJ Zach Sang and executive producer Dan Zolot, this podcast focuses mainly on the music industry, along with discussions about mental health and current events. Each episode consists of an interview with new and established musicians alike. Notable guests include BTS, Conan Gray, Ariana Grande, and Big Time Rush. Sang is a gifted interviewer, genuinely interested in every part of his guests’ lives. Zolot provides some realism and humor, playing perfectly off of his partner. A wonderful combination of information about the industry and the humans behind it all, the Zach Sang Show is one that’ll have you hooked on the first listen.

6. PlayStation Access

PlayStation Access is a fun podcast for all your gaming needs. Run by PlayStation UK hosts Ash Millman, Rosie Caddick, David Jackson, and Robert Pearson, it contains segments dedicated to new releases, themed features/interviews, and fan comments. Notable guests include Head of PlayStation Indies Shuhei Yoshida, God of War: Ragnarok game director Eric Williams, and Editorial Manager of Media Molecule Jen Simpkins. Each host adds a bit of their own zany flair to the podcast, and it’s a great supplement to the loads of content on the Playstation Access YouTube channel.

7. The Grimmcast

Grimm stars Bitsie Tulloch, Bree Turner, and Claire Coffee are walking audiences through each episode of the six-season TV show, and they’re bringing a bunch of cast and crew members along for the ride. Each episode consists of a few fan questions, an interview with a cast/crew member, and a brief synopsis from the show. Notable guests include lead David Giuntoli, guest star Nana Visitor, and costume designer Alexandra Walker. While it’s a rewatch podcast and thus very show-specific, there’s plenty of secrets about TV production and Portland itself that would be interesting to those unfamiliar with the show. It might even encourage you to sit down and give Grimm a long binge watch.

Sianna Swavely is a Cinema, Television, and Media Production major, with minors in Professional Writing and Communication Studies. In her free time, she can be found video editing, playing the piano, or watching Youtube videos while pretending to study.