This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

As it becomes more likely that universities will be continuing online education in the spring semester, it is important to be as comfortable as possible. We all know the struggle of staring at a screen every day and trying to teach yourself. Hopefully, these items make your online college experience more bearable.

A Planner

If you’re anything like me, online education makes the days blend. Using a planner helps me keep track of my assignments so I can do well in my classes. I use the Clever Fox weekly and monthly planner, which is designed to increase productivity and helps achieve long and short-term goals. You can find other options for planners here.

An Air Fryer

My air fryer is my most used appliance in my kitchen. Seriously, you can put just about any kind of food in there and it turns out delicious. Air fryers are an easier and quicker alternative to an oven so you have your food in half the time. You can find some for sale here.

A Big Blanket

I love to curl up in a blanket during my zoom classes – it’s important to be comfortable, right? This item may seem obvious, but I recommend investing in a heavy-duty oversized blanket. This website has a great selection of blankets. Or, if you would rather hand-knit your own, here is a step-by-step guide.

Grammarly

Every college student should use Grammarly, especially because it’s free. It is a Chrome extension that automatically checks all of your writing for grammatical mistakes, language, and tone. Grammarly is great for improving your writing, or just double-checking for clarity.

Blue-light Filtering Glasses

These are a must when staring at a computer screen all day. These glasses filter the harmful blue light that emits from a phone or computer screen so there is less strain on your eyes. Blue-light blocking glasses reduce fatigue and the likelihood of developing serious vision problems. Find a wide selection of frames here.

A Heat Retaining Coffee Mug

It can be tiring having to sit in front of a computer all day, which is why caffeine is a must for me. I love to sip my coffee all day so I want a mug that’ll keep my drink warm. I highly recommend an insulated coffee mug, which you can find here and here.

A Reusable Water Bottle

Staying hydrated is important during the school day. I always use my insulated bottle so my water stays cold (and my ice doesn’t melt!) all day. I use a Hydroflask, but you can find a quality water bottle almost everywhere.

Sydney Weiland

Kutztown '21

Currently, I'm a senior at Kutztown University majoring in English with minors in professional writing, social media theory & strategy, and music and a writing intern with HerCampus. Outside of classes, I love to play my oboe, go thrifting, and cook.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur