This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

If it’s not obvious by now, I love to watch television. But my passion doesn’t end there; I also have a love for movies. I don’t have a specific genre per se, but most of my guilty pleasure movies have some type of romantic storyline to it, even if it’s not the main focus of the story. I thought I would dedicate this week’s article to a few of the movies that I am thankful for. These movies have helped shape me into the person I am today (I know, this sounds cheesy, but it is true). They have also inspired me to make changes in my life or to create works of art. 

Legally Blonde

Ahhhh, the joy that fills my heart when I see this movie is unexplainable. But what I can describe is just how much Elle Woods motivates me. Whenever I start to struggle with something I am trying to do, I remind myself that this Queen wouldn’t want me to stop trying. She would want me to keep pushing myself to do my absolute best. She taught me to never give up on your dreams, even when people tell you to. 

She’s the Man

This movie… it makes me laugh so hard! Even though I know exactly what is going to happen, it never ceases to entertain me. Olivia goes through all these hoops to try and pretend to be her brother Sebastian for a few weeks to play soccer. But what did she teach me? To always be myself and that the right people will accept you for who you are— they won’t try to force you to change. 

Twilight

I know, I know. It’s Twilight, and it’s a little cringy—okay, it’s very cringy. But it’s still something I love and I will continue to love. Since I’ve become an adult, I’ve become less ashamed about admitting my eternal (heh heh) love for Twilight. Why am I thankful for this movie? It gave me so much joy and hope during my early teen years that I don’t think I could ever turn my back on this movie.

Hocus Pocus

This has been a favorite movie since I was a little kid. I used to eagerly count down the days until October so I could watch the Sanderson Sisters’ run amok. I could probably quote this entire movie if I wanted to. Why do I love this movie? I will forever state that this movie inspired my love of all things Halloween.

The Covenant

This is a relatively unknown movie, but I have been in love with it (and its cast) for the past ten or so years. It follows four best friends (they are honestly more like brothers) as they navigate their lives as powerful warlocks. The cast has some pretty well known faces, like Chace Crawford and Sebastian Stan. I am so utterly thankful for this movie because it was one my friends and I would always sit down to watch together.