This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Springtime calls for treating yourself (or someone you love) to something special, so why not from a small business? When you support a small business, your purchase is cherished and important to the people running it. If you want new recommendations for shopping small, check out these businesses below. 

Cheek

No one does phone cases quite like Cheek. Each design is bright, unique, and sure to get you tons of compliments. If you’re having trouble deciding between cases, there’s no need to settle. Cheek also sells interchangeable inserts so you just purchase one case. Then, you change your phone case as often as you wish. When you’re looking for your next phone case, check out shopcheek.com for affordable, one-of-a-kind designs.

BlueCanyonDesign

BlueCanyonDesign is an adorable Etsy shop selling clay earrings and crocheted blankets. Personally, the macrame plant hanger earrings are one of my favorite items from the shop. Everything from BlueCanyonDesign is handmade to perfect satisfaction.

Colette Bernard

If you want to help out an art student, take a look at Colette’s shop. She makes stickers, patches, pins, clothing, and other items with her original artwork. Her style is too charming and cool to pass on. A fifth of the profits from her birth control designs will be donated to Planned Parenthood – Gulf Coast. Visit Colette Bernard’s website to support her art!

Citrine New York

Citrine New York’s shop is the definition of cool. They sell clothing, jewelry, and of course, planters upcycled from basketballs. They have an extensive jewelry section filled with beautiful statement pieces that’ll land you dozens of compliments. Visit Citrine New York’s website to check out their collection.

Sid Crochet

If you’re like me and picked up crocheting over the pandemic, and you’re always looking for new patterns and accounts to follow for inspiration check out this shop. I found Sid Crochet’s Etsy shop, where she sells a few patterns and her finished works. Each pattern is easy to follow and creates a beautiful finished product. If you want to try a new pattern or buy a handmade crocheted bag or top, check out Sid Crochet.

Sydney Weiland

Kutztown '21

Currently, I'm a senior at Kutztown University majoring in English with minors in professional writing, social media theory & strategy, and music and a writing intern with HerCampus. Outside of classes, I love to play my oboe, go thrifting, and cook.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur