This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Fall is officially upon us!  It’s that time of year for everything from pumpkin spice to fall scented candles and scary movies that will make you jump out of your seat.  In my opinion, this is the best time of year. When fall comes around I’m always looking for new festive things to do with my friends. Here are 5 things to do with your friends if you’re looking to get into the fall mood this season.

This first one is  classic. Go to a pumpkin patch! If you don’t go to a pumpkin patch, did you even experience fall? This is a great little date idea and also fun for photos! After picking the perfect one, you can even go back and carve it. This is the perfect small activity to do throughout the fall months. 

Next is to go apple picking. These can be either found solo or sometimes they can be found within a pumpkin patch. This is not only another fun photo op idea, but it’s great for picking the best apples to make apple cider!  

Probably the most obvious one… decorate your space with fall decor!  My favorite places to shop for cute fall decor is at TJMaxx or HomeGoods.  In my opinion, fall home decorations make your space even more cozy.  

Go on a hayride! This is definitely geared more toward the spooky season. However, there are regular hayrides instead of haunted ones, fit for whichever mood you’re in. This is yet another cute date idea!  

Finally, walk through a corn maze. This is something so simple, but still will get you feeling festive. Similar to hayrides, they can either be regular or haunted. This is such a fun thing to do with a group of friends toward the sunset hours, they even have the ones that run after dark if you’re feeling spooky!  

This is just a small list of some of my favorite things to do during the fall season. I made sure to make a list that would be suitable for the situation that the world is in right now. Most of these ideas are outside and are at places that you can easily social distance. We need to be mindful of keeping our distance and being safe while still having our fun this fall season.  Fall is one of my favorite times out of the year, and if I can make this year even the slightest of fun, I’m going to do it.  So I encourage you to take advantage of the crisp fall weather, good company, and some good ole pumpkin spice lattes! Happy fall ya’ll! 

Morgan Harrar

Kutztown '23

Hey friends! My name is Morgan Harrar. I attend Kutztown University with a major in Communication Studies with a focus in social media. I'm excited to share my thoughts, advice, and opinions with you all. I enjoy dancing for the Kutztown Dance Team, photography, biking, and fashion!
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur