This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’re having your lunch at a desk in the classroom, in your car on the way to work, or any other place that you could possibly have a spare moment to nourish your body. Life is busy and eating healthy can be hard when you’re on the go. It’s much easier to stop and grab a burger and fries instead of worrying about when you’re going to have time to stop home and eat.

Recently I’ve been trying to clean up my diet, and I’ve found that packing a healthy lunch the night before a busy day is the best way to stay on track. That way, you’re forced to eat healthy because it’s the only thing you have. Here are 5 easy, cheap and healthy lunches to pack before your busy day.

1. Fruit Dip: This one is sweet, but is low in sugar and high in protein. Mix together one cup of Vanilla Greek Yogurt and one cup of Peanut Butter (I use chunky to add texture, but smooth works just as well) and top with a little cinnamon. Pack this dip with apple slices, bananas or strawberries for a sweet meal that’s sure to satisfy!
  2. Egg muffins: Kudos go out to my mom for this one. It does require a bit of prep time (20 mins) but totally worth it. Whisk 6 eggs, salt, pepper and a dash of milk and set aside. In a greased muffin pan, put various stuffers in the muffin part. I used cheddar cheese, broccoli and onion. Then, pour the egg mixture ¾ of the way into each muffin part, bake at 350 for 15 mins and pack away. Have one for breakfast on your way out of the door and a few for lunchtime. These are filling and delicious. 
  3. Tuna salad wrap: Mix two cans of tuna, mayo and mustard in a bowl (You can add the condiments to your liking, I just eyeball it) and add chopped celery, carrots and onions if you desire. Spread on a wheat wrap with some shredded cheddar and wrap it up. Tuna is packed with protein and little fat. You can substitute tuna for chicken if you’re not a fan of fish!
  4. Southwestern Bowl: Heat up brown rice, black beans and corn, and put it in a travel container. You can add salsa, cheddar jack cheese, chicken, onions, peppers, avocado…anything you want to make your taste buds happy. This one is good if you have access to a microwave during the day when you can heat up your spicy dish. The texture and heartiness of this meal is sure to satisfy.
  5. Caprese Salad: Combine spinach, fresh mozzarella and sliced roma tomato and some basil for this fresh and fragrant salad. Pack some balsamic vinaigrette on the side so the leaves don’t get soggy. Not a fan of balsamic? Whatever dressing you like works too. You can add grilled chicken if you have time and want to make the salad more filling.

Eating healthy on the go doesn’t have to be hard and cost a ton. But really, if you’re craving that burger and fries, go for it girl. Don’t deprive yourself of something you truly want. These meals can all be saved for the next day. Happy grubbin’ ! 

21 years old, always lost, but finding meaning in life in the little things. Give me a crappy cup of coffee, a laugh and a smile and we'll be friends. Love yourself.