This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

The day is finally here: summer vacation. After months filled with classes, homework, meetings, and sleepless nights, it is finally time to pack everything up and head home for summer break. The idea of three whole months free to do whatever you like got you through the end of the semester. So, what are you going to fill those days with? 

Here are 15 things to do over summer vacation. 

1. Beach trip 

Is it really summer without at least one day spent on a blazing hot beach with too many little kids running around? 

2. Amusement park 

You are never too old to enjoy (or be afraid of) the giant roller-coaster that the park is known for. 

3. City trip 

Cities are a great place to explore, try new food, and learn a little bit of history. You never know what you are going to find. 

4. Get a job 

Life, in general, is expensive. Earning a little cash at a part time job is never a bad idea. 

5. Volunteer

It is super awarding to help out at a local animal shelter, day care, or retirement home. The smiles on their faces make it all worth it. 

6. Binge Netflix

A couple of ‘me days’ with an old favorite will reverse all the stress from last semester. 

7. All-day shopping trip 

Retail therapy is a real thing, especially when you bring your friends along for the ride. 

8. Visit family members 

Your grandma is always begging you to visit it. Make her day and spend a couple hours with her and tell her everything that happened over the last couple of months. She’ll love it. 

9. Enjoy a spa day 

Treat yourself! Self-care is extremely important. It will help you perform better in school and in life, and overall, you will feel better. 

10. Visit friends 

Those friends you met a college this year, yeah, they live five hours away. So, load up your car with music and snacks and visit them. They miss you as much as you miss them. 

11. Road trip 

Pick a random spot in your town, state, or country and drive there. You never know what you may find along the way. 

12. Study abroad 

Studying abroad is a great opportunity to learn more about other cultures and yourself at the same time. With it, you may find your new favorite destination spot. 

13. Clean your room 

All those clothes you have been promising to donate all year, actually do it. You will feel so much better living in a clean room. Plus, your mom will greatly appreciate it. 

14. Take your mom out to lunch 

Show her how much you appreciate and love her. And, pick up the check; she has done a lot for you. 

15. Read a book in the sun 

Pick up that book you bought months ago that you have not gotten around to reading yet and pick a comfy spot under a tree. 

Courtney Morstatt is a Professional Writing student at Kutztown University.