Worlds collided at the Coach Fall 2022 show and I am here for it

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Stuart Vevers, the creative director of Coach, unveiled the American luxury fashion house’s Fall 2022 collection at New York Fashion Week. The show very much centered on americana with a set inspired by “a deconstructed suburban street” and prints by graffiti artists Mint + Serf which captures the “dynamic energy” of Coach’s hometown, New York City. The fashion house describes the collection as “sweetness meets toughness” featuring “upcycled, recycled and organic Signature jacquard, and our regenerative pebble leather”.

While the fashion on the runway is meant to be the center of attention, for a basic b**ch such as myself who knows nothing of fashion, the audience is often more interesting. The front row at the Coach show boasted quite a few well-known names including Megan Thee Stallion, Tommy Dorfman, Rickey Thompson, Angus Cloud, Charles Melton and Rina Sawayama—A list that encapsulates the different dimensions of up-and-coming young Hollywood.

Now here’s where it gets good.

Megan, Rina and Angus were seated side by side. Megan Thee Stallion, who is obviously THE Hot Girl Coach and is well on her way to superstardom, was in head-to-toe black leather and a slicked back ponytail. Rina Sawayama, whose debut album was easily one of the best releases of 2021, is a pop powerhouse in the making and quite frankly deserves way more hype. The Japanese-British singer is known for bold fashion choices to match the versatility of her music and she certainly showed it off, combining a pair of long denim shorts with a yellow-brown leather coat. Angus Cloud, who plays Fez on Euphoria which just about everyone is talking about these days, has become a figure to watch in terms of fashion as he’s been showing OUT at events lately with some really fun choices (that orange Versace suit at the season two premiere?). The actor kept it simple with a white turtleneck. Talk about worlds colliding.

Why am I living for the combination of these three? Well for one, it is definitely a bit random. Rina and Megan are both in similar spheres of music, so the two together isn’t that strange. But these two combined with Angus, who brought Cheetos to snack on during the show and made sure to share, is kind of everything. Who doesn’t get snacky in the middle of events? Rina even posted a video of the moment and something about it is just so endearing to me.

Is this moment the only part of Fashion Week that I have truly cared about? Yes. Unapologetically so. But sometimes you just need to see some of your favorite stars snacking on Cheetos front row at a luxury fashion show. You know? So, thank you to Coach and Angus Cloud’s Cheetos for making it happen.

Hi! I'm Dulani and I'm double majoring in International Studies & Sociology with a minor in Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies at KU. I am an unapologetic introvert, pop culture nerd and the resident mom friend.