Why You Should Watch “Pretty Little Liars” Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

So, I have been know to freak out a little every Tuesday evening and kick my brother out of the living room just so I can watch “Pretty Little Liars,” a TV show that follows four girls from a small, Philadelphia suburb as they battle someone who calls themself  “A.”

Now, this show has been on for a while now (four seasons to be exact), and you maybe be wondering, should I really watch this show? Is it really worth all of the hype? Well, Collegiettes™, I’m here to tell you why it is.

Watch it for: The Mystery

Okay, who else laughed at that title? But honestly, every episode has a new mystery and a new adventure. You can watch the whole episode just for the 3 seconds at the end where two gloved hands purchase something that will be used to torture people in the next episode. They reel you in, every single time.

photo credit: ABC Family 

Watch it for: The Story

I will admit, the story is a little weird: four girls supposedly being “bullied” by their dead best friend? Strange, I know. But, that’s what makes it so interesting to watch. It isn’t another reality TV show or a game show. It is a straight up fictional story and those don’t come around that often anymore.    

Watch it for: The Fashion

This might be a little of a stretch, but all of my PLL friends out there, wouldn’t you agree? I can’t tell you how many times I have tried desperately to recreate Spencer Hastings looks. The girls are trendy, on point and they are really pretty (pun very much intended). Need I say more?

Photo Credit: ABC Family

Watch it for: The Man Candy

What girl doesn’t love to watch a show where she is drooling over every guy in each scene? The boys are so cute in this show and they are in almost every episode. Major score! 

Okay, ladies, have I reeled you in yet? Maybe? Grab some popcorn, your remote and your favorite spot next Tuesday and see what you think.

Kisses, 

– A

Watch Pretty Little Liars every Tuesday at 7pm (central) on ABC Family

Shelby is a senior here at KU. As well as being the Admin Director for Her Campus KU and a Chapter Advisor, she is involved in Student Senate and Alpha Delta Pi. Her obsession with Chipotle is never ending and she can make a mean chocolate chip cookie. Follow her on Twitter @shelsncheese and Instagram @shelbyostrom_