element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Why Galentine’s Day Is Better Than Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Valentine’s Day can be a lot of fun. Flowers, cute dates, all the sappy shit. However, nothing will beat Galentine’s Day. I genuinely don’t care how hot the guy you’re talking to is. I can promise that hanging out with your friends is a million times more fun.

Image credit

1. Men are trash.

You can never expect much from them, because they will always disappoint you.

Your friends will never let you down. They know what you actually wanna do, because they probably wanna do the same thing. Wine night? Dress up for dinner? Go out? A combination of all of them? You won’t be let down.

2. It’s an excuse to see all your friends.

Sometimes it’s hard to find a time to get all your friends together to hang out. Galentine’s Day is a great excuse to ignore everything else you need to do and see everyone you love.

3. You can take cute pics!

Let’s face it, you can ask your boyfriend to take a picture of you a million times and it will always turn out blurry, and then they’ll complain about having to take more. Your friends will go out of their way to get EVERY angle.

Image credit

4. You’ll never be uncomfortable.

You know how sometimes it’s really awkward to go on a date? You’re being self-concious about if you look okay, if you’re eating too much, if you say something stupid? Doesn’t matter with your friends! You’ll be able to laugh about everything and avoid a night of awkward silence.

5. Free drinks!!

You won’t be getting any randoms to buy you drinks at the bar if you’re with a guy. But if you’re with a group of your hot friends, you’ll leave the bar drunk with a happy bank account.

Image credit

These are just a few of many reasons to celebrate Galentine’s Day and why it’s so much better than Valentine’s Day. Hoes before bros, y’all. 

Hi I'm Ally! I'm studying journalism and dance at the University of Kansas.