This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The what’s in my hot girl tote bag trend has been roaming around social media for a couple of weeks now and I think it’s fair to say I’m obsessed. I’m nosy and love seeing what’s in other bags. So, without further adieu this is what’s in my hot girl tote bag.

Cloud Bag Heavyweight Tomato
Baggu

Wallet

This is a staple item to always have with me. Currently, I am rocking with the Double Corner Zip Wristlet from Coach. This is one of my favorite wallets I own; it’s made of great quality leather and has plenty of space for all my cards. Inside I have all my goodies such as my credit cards, driver’s license, store loyalty card and most importantly my COVID-19 vaccination card.

Notebook

I always keep a small 5×7 notebook with me in my tote bag. It’s a great item to keep with you just in case you need to write something down. The one I have now was purchased from Target and is a floral pattern on a purple background.

Sunscreen

Taking care of our skin is so important. Even if we might not see any effect of sun damage now, our future selves will thank us. My current sunscreen is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost sunscreen SPF 50. I will admit I struggle with reapplying sunscreen throughout my day, but having it in my tote bag helps encourage me.

Coin Purse

My coin purse is from Japan and is probably one of my favorite items I owe. I got it last summer while on vacation. In reality, I don’t use it that much, but I always keep it with me because it’s super cute.

Salsa Packets

I have a plethora of salsa packets floating around the bottom of my tote bag. It may come as a surprise that I don’t eat a lot of salsa. I do eat a lot of breakfast burritos however, which usually come with a couple of packets of salsa. I tend to throw the unused salsa packets in my tote bag and forget about them.

Disposable Camera

I was inspired by my best friend to always keep a disposable camera with me. Her freshman year of college she kept one with her and I thought it was just such a cool idea. Not only does it create a cool image effect, but it also helps me live in the moment by eliminating my phone from the photo-taking equation.

Random Jewelry

I don’t know if anyone else can relate, but I always get a random collection of jewelry at the bottom of my tote bag. Currently, it’s a collection of rings and a pair of small hoops I thought I lost weeks ago.

Book

I am a bookworm at heart, but since starting college I feel like I haven’t had time to read for pleasure. I made it a goal this semester to change that. My current read is The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix. A book is a good item to keep in your tote bag just in case you have some spare time.

My hot girl tote bag might not be aesthetically pleasing as some people’s, but I like to think it’s practical and represents me. I hope this inspired you to put together your own hot girl tote bag.

Hanna Brown is the writing director at the Her Campus at KU (University of Kansas) chapter. She oversees the writing team and acts as the publisher, ensuring all articles meet the Her Campus standards of quality and reverence. In addition to her duties as the publisher, Hanna leads weekly writer meetings and builds a safe environment where writers feel empowered to be creative. Beyond Her Campus, Hanna is the marketing/communication assistant for the Engineering Career Center at KU. Last summer, Hanna interned for Burns & McDonnell as a marketing writer/editor. There, she gained experience writing technical blogs centered around engineering, copy for digital marketing and new releases. She also interned for Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline in corporate communications. A senior at KU, Hanna is pursuing a BSJ in digital marketing communications, advertising and public relations with a minor in history. In her free time, Hanna loves to visit local coffee shops and explore her college town. She is obsessed with the Sims 4 and wants to start a podcast. Her motivation in life is to do everything in love. After college, Hanna hopes to move to the city and start a career in public relations, branding, digital marketing or copy/content writing.