Hero Copy
Hero Copy
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

What Your Venus Sign Actually Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Astrology has become a part of my life. I am constantly guessing people’s zodiac signs and constantly analyzing every piece of their birth chart. I won’t apologize for it but I would like to say that zodiac signs aren’t everything, and it is all for fun and games! That being said, one of the most interesting astrological signs to interpret is the Venus sign. Venus is the planet that represents love, compassion and pleasure. It is also the hardest astrological placement to guess for anyone else compared to other signs like sun, moon, rising, mercury, etc. because no one ever really knows anything about anyone’s love language or the way they express love (as it can be so rare).

So in honor of that, go look up your Venus sign and see if my interpretation matches you! You can do this by looking up “what is my Venus sign?” then going to a website that is willing to give you that information. I would also encourage you to look at your other planet placements through astrology websites if you have not already done so. Make sure to know your time and date of birth and where you were born. Without further ado, let’s get into it!

P.S. This is just my interpretation and view on it from my experience and from the experience of those around me. None of this is factual!

Aries:

I have noticed with Aries that they chase compassion from all different aspects and they love to jump around. However, this isn’t really a bad thing. They like having options and not having to fixate on one specific prospect of love. Many times Aries Venuses can come off as super confident and charming, which they are. The last thing they want to be is tied down or stuck. If they truly feel like they belong to someone, they will let them know. 

Taurus:

A Venus in Taurus seems to be a direct opposition to all that an Aries Venus stands for. They enjoy the stability and comfort of relationships. If things are too messy, they find a way to get out. Taurus Venuses have incredibly expensive taste when it comes to love and compassion. That being said, they are also incredibly patient for those they deem worthy, and they will wait for the right person to sweep them off their feet.

Gemini:

When someone has a Venus in a Gemini, they usually find romance through social interactions, and do not prefer privacy in that sense. Gemini Venuses are usually quite witty and love to express their love through not-so-basic ways. The hard part about having a Gemini Venus is that you need constant validation of your feelings through your partner, and that can be hard to ask for. Communication is easy for Geminis so building relationships with people comes naturally to them.

Cancer:

I have a lot to say about a Cancer Venus and maybe that’s because I am a Cancer Venus, but regardless they are very in tune with their emotions. Cancer Venuses are incredibly sensitive when showing love, compassion and zeal. They will show it as affectionately as possible to the people they admire. People who have a Venus in Cancer will always go to heights to make their loved ones feel adored and admired, because they know what it’s like to not be shown that same affection. This can also leave them easily heartbroken, which can be hard.

Leo:

If you have a Venus in Leo, I adore you, but there is probably a lot of baggage you have not unpacked. Venus in Leo can be amazing when meeting people and getting to know people. They are passionate, attractive and intimate but they will never ever forget you. Even if you were in a short term fling with a Leo, your name will be mentioned for years. Leo Venuses hold on to past love for way too long and struggle to let go. Although they know how to look like they are protecting their ego, it is incredibly easy to shatter it. 

Virgo:

Virgo Venuses are reserved in the best way possible. They will show you love and they will show it well. However, it is easy for them to get easily insecure or feel like you are pushing away. Communication is key with Virgos. They are not overly sensual or confusing, so they will be straight forward and get to the point. Communicating with a Virgo Venus can be a bit of a battle, but luckily Virgo Venuses will let you know they are upset, and as long as you communicate with them, it is smooth-sailing from there.

Libra:

Libra Venuses value peace of mind over anything else. Sure, relationships can be fluctuating and dynamic but Libra Venuses would much rather have comfort and balance within their personal and romantic relationships. They like sensuality and they value that within relationships. Anything too fast and intense can be hard for a Libra Venus to get used to.

Scorpio:

Although people with their Venus in Scorpio portray themselves as sociable and jumpy people, that is not the case. Relationships come easy to them but they crave intense, passion-driven relationships. Scorpio Venuses love to be affectionate and also love to use their head in relationships which is why they usually do not fixate on multiple people. They fixate on one individual, which also means that it is much harder for them to let go. 

Sagittarius:

Sagittarius Venuses are similar to how you would imagine any other placement in Sagittarius. They are high-spirited and care-free. They love adventures, and they also love to take control. For a Sagittarius Venus, the most fulfilling feeling is finding relationships where one person completes the other. That means finding similar hobbies and interests, and being compatible. They value friendships within relationships!

Capricorn:

If you have a Venus in Capricorn, you most likely think a lot about the future and all the things that could come out of relationships. A Capricorn Venus will always prefer to have a solid foundation to build the relationship off of, rather than going into it blindly. They can also be very pessimistic when it comes to relationship possibilities when they see something not working out. However, that being said, when things go array and they get sucked into relationships, they find it hard to escape toxicity. 

Aquarius:

People with any placement in Aquarius tend to be very forward thinkers, and love to create change for the better. It is no different for Aquarius Venuses. They love to grow relationships that can support their intellectuality and drive. Aquarius Venuses have a very active mind and are always thinking of every possible outcome, which means sometimes they can get lost in doubt. That is their way of protecting themselves.

Pisces:

Being a Pisces Venus means that you value flexibility. A Venus in Pisces is known to be very loving and passionate but unforgiving. If they have created a relationship with someone who starts to not value them anymore, they will leave and there will be no hesitation whatsoever. Pisces Venuses know their worth but they can also be insecure, which is why they detach immediately if they feel a sense of disinterest from another person. Pisces Venuses always fall head over heels which makes them quite susceptible to heartbreak as well. 

I am a college student interested in Human Biology and Creative Writing. In my free time, I love writing poetry and I cover topics such as mental health, racism, global, and social justice issues! Being a writer for her campus inspires me to keep writing!