This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

(First, take some fun quizzes to determine your love language: “There Are Five Different Love Languages — What’s Yours?” & “What’s Your Love Language? Honestly Answer These Questions And We’ll Tell You

Words of Affirmation

If your love language is words of affirmation, you love to be reassured. You can often feel insecure and greatly appreciate your partner reinstating their love and appreciation for you either verbally or on paper. Love letters are one of your favorite things to receive. You also love keeping voicemails from the people close to you so you can go back and listen to the memos whenever you’re missing someone. Because you take words seriously, you also feel very hurt when people say unkind things.

Acts of Service

If your love language is acts of service, you’re partial to thoughtful little moments. You appreciate consideration above all else. Little acts such as a meal made for you mean a lot. You also appreciate little gifts, not because of the gift itself, but because of the time and consideration that went into getting the gift. Additionally, doing little things for others alleviates your own stress, causing you to often put others above yourself.

Quality Time

If your love language is quality time, you have a more anxious attachment style. You feel more attached to your partner than others, but not in a bad way. Your favorite thing to do is have fun little date nights planned, though you don’t really care what those dates consist of; you’re fine with a dinner date out or a cozy movie night in, as long as it’s one-on-one.

Receiving Gifts

If your love language is receiving gifts, you often get stereotyped as being materialistic; however, that’s not entirely true. You don’t love giving or receiving gifts because of the gift itself; you see gifts as a testament to how well others know and love you. Your favorite gifts are thoughtful—something that your partner noticed you commented on once or your favorite coffee order. Birthdays are your favorite because, in turn, you thoroughly enjoy picking out thoughtful gifts for others.

Physical Touch

If your love language is physical touch, you probably grew up in a healthy, loving family. Hugs are your ultimate comfort and you enjoy displaying your relationship to others via hand-holding in public. With your partner, you believe that physical intimacy illustrates mental intimacy. Because of this, you tend to view physical intimacy as something reserved for someone you know you love.

Hi my name is Audrey! I'm majoring in Strategic Communications at KU- so excited for you to take a look at my writing:)