What ATLA Character You Are Based On Your Favorite Fall Drink

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The series Avatar: The Last Airbender has been stirring with popularity recently due to its arrival on Netflix earlier this year and the announcement of a new live-action series. One of the reasons this kids show is able to appeal to so many adults (including me and my parents, who I forced to watch ATLA), is because of the loveable and wide-ranging personalities in their characters. So what better time than the beginning of Fall to take a look at which character you are from ATLA based on your favorite fall drink? Because why not?

Iced Coffee
Alex Frank / Spoon

Pumpkin Spice Latte: Katara

The classic pumpkin spice latte is a hit or miss, much like main character Katara. It has a classic, sweet taste for the fall that everyone either loves or hates. You’re classy, kind, and most likely the mom-friend of your group. You must likely take a bit to warm up to new people, and can’t stand people’s inability to compromise. Katara is the bread and butter of Avatar, much like PSLs are the bread and butter of fall drinks. You are probably the most responsible one in your group and consider yourself the glue to your group, just as Katara is the glue of Team Avatar.

Starbucks_Frapp
Keriss101 / Spoon

Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino: Sokka

Ok, I just know you’re the funny one of the group. You’re probably not much of a coffee drinker (let’s be honest, Sokka would think coffee is just hot bean juice). Although you express yourself with humor, you have an intelligent side that only your closest friends get to see. Salted Caramel Mocha Frappes are a cult Starbuck favorite, just like Sokka in ATLA. You definitely get along quite well with new people, and just like Sokka, you always have a new romantic interest keeping you on your toes.

Mocha
Shun Matsuhashi / Spoon

Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew: Zuko

Although you may be standoffish at first, once someone gets to know you, you expose your kind self to them. The pumpkin cream cold brew can look quite intimidating at first with its practically black coffee appearance, but once you dive into it, the sweetness of the cold foam shows. Just like Zuko, you’re probably really indecisive about important things (this is a self callout). You tend to stick with classics, but you also like to add a twist, rebelling from the norm. Although you may seem tall, dark and brooding like everyone’s favorite “flameo-hotman,” on the inside you’re truly a sweetheart.

coffee is poured into a glass cup on a counter. there is a carton of oat milk next to it
Christopher Rusev | Unsplash

Iced Chai Latte: Toph

Ok, maybe I’m a little biased because iced chais and Toph are both two of my favorite things, but hear me out. Just like the chai tea latte, Toph is an acquired taste to whomever she meets. Your personality will either click with someone straight away, or not, and that’s pretty much the end of the story. You’re down to earth and probably environmentally conscious (yes, I’d like oat milk with that please). Just like the strong flavor of chai tea lattes, you’re strong-willed and strong-minded. Although it’s not a classic drink, chais remain a cult favorite, just like Toph, and just like you are to anyone who hears about you.

Tea Pot Glass
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Hot Tea: Iroh

Do I even need to explain this one? I don’t, but I will anyway. You’re definitely a smart friend. Unlike Sokka, who has the street smarts, you’ve got the grades that all your friends envy. Along with typical school intelligence, you have amazing emotional intelligence, and always know what advice to give your friends, and how to cheer them up, just like Uncle Iroh. You may not make great first impressions on everyone you meet, but people love you as they continue to familiarize themselves with you. 

Photo by Natalie Grainger on Unsplash

Apple Cider: Suki

You’re definitely the adventurous one in your group, just like Suki. You’re probably into fitness and I personally would not want to get into a fight with you. Apple cider is one of the most versatile fall drinks, you can get it hot, iced, or even frozen. Just like Suki and apple cider, you’re adaptable to whatever situation is thrown at you. Suki is one of the most badass female characters in ATLA but is often overlooked, and wasn’t given any screentime in Avatar: The Last Airbender Spinoff, The Legend of Korra. Although you may be underlooked at first glance, people always look at you with fondness when reminded of how great you are.

Hi! I'm Chloe Fuleihan, and I'm a first-year student at KU and a first-generation American, pursuing a journalism degree as well as a minor in Spanish. My ultimate dream is to live in a large city, and work for an organization like HerCampus that empowers strong women! My passion is helping others and I hope to achieve that through my writing.