Valentine’s Day Horror Stories

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Hilariously horrible chronicles of love gone amiss.

“I rejected this guy numerous times in the 7th grade in just January, and when he asked me to be his Valentine over the phone I obviously rejected him then, too. Little dude still came to school on February 14th, 2018 and proceeded to have friends of ours surrounding us as he asked me to be his Valentine AND girlfriend during passing period. He even brought a bag of 500 hershey kisses to give me. I rejected him in front of the large group of people, took my chocolate, and continued to reject him for an additional month afterwards.”

“Junior year of high school, my ex-boyfriend’s best friend wanted to take me out to dinner on Valentine’s Day because he “fell in love with me first”. Luckily I was busy the weekend before v-day, as well as the actual weekday it landed on that year. Oh, and, me and said ex actually ended up getting back together that 14th lol.” 

“My ex boyfriend with no car said he wanted to take me on a date to Texas Roadhouse then revealed after we ate that he didn’t have any money and guilt tripped me into also buying myself a Target teddy bear.”

“My ex girlfriend invited me over the day before so I prepared her a special Valentine’s Day basket and all she said was thanks and then she never even texted me happy Valentine’s Day…”

“My ex boyfriend took me on a date to Twin Peaks.”

“I was off with my on and off boyfriend and so I kissed another guy to make him jealous and I succeeded but he just ended up stalking me at my place of work on Valentine’s Day.”

“The first Valentine’s Day I had a boyfriend, I wanted to go all out with the gift, so I did. He was Mexican, so some of the treats I included were popular Mexican snacks that I had witnessed him consume before. When I gave him his gift he called me racist for assuming he’d like the snacks I bought him just because he was Mexican. I couldn’t tell then if it was a joke or not, but it was still embarrassing. I was proud of that gift.” 

Paige (she/her) is a first-year at KU studying elementary education. Her main interests include That 70s Show, Dutch Bros, and Drake.