This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

It’s refreshing to learn about the many diverse activities students at The University of Kansas involve themselves in. Tristan Gramling, a junior and astrophysics major, participates in several activities, making one wonder how he does it all.

Tristan always knew that going to school for physics was something he wanted to pursue, but photography and videography weren’t always in the picture. “I never really wanted to study photography, I figured you can only be taught so much when it comes to an art, you just have to get out there and do it,” said Tristan.

Photography and videography were seen as rewarding hobbies, and the inspiration that Tristan felt left him yearning for more. Now he is the photographer for popular Lawrence nightclub, The Cave, and also a videographer for The University Daily Kansan. He’s constantly working on various projects, such as shooting music videos for local artists Brian Lockwood and Matt Easton, or other notable artists like The Jane Doze, Radical Something and Diplo.

Tristan has also worked on projects for KU’s Dance Marathon, greek life at the university, and companies such as Vemma, YoungLife and Sporting KC. This past summer, Tristan was given the opportunity to work with Sporting KC’s Aurelien Collin to promote his fashion line, AC78.

When Tristan isn’t behind the lens, making/recording music with his friends is another hobby. He and a few friends filmed/recorded a cover of “Wake Me Up” by Avicii, Jillian Jamison on vocals, Bryan Gum on guitar and drums, and Tristan on keyboard. Their version seemed to blow up on YouTube and was listed as one of the top ten covers, beating out hundreds others. “I’ve found that doing this stuff is extremely addicting and I’ve really only started getting serious about it in the past couple of months,” said Tristan.

Tristan decided to take his newfound passion to the next level and started a production company called If Only Productions, along with Bryan Gum, and his brother, Braden Gramling.

When Tristan finds free time from school and videography/photography, he also DJ’s for KU’s greek life, bars and clubs.

“I usually have a pretty full schedule, but I really like constantly having something to do because it means I’m only getting better, which is an exciting feeling,” said Tristan.

It’s remarkable how much one student can do, and how well he can do it. The future looks bright for this multi-talented junior, and we are looking forward to see what else he has to bring to the table!

Junior at the University of Kansas with an addiction to coffee, warm weather, and Urban Outfitters. facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cecilia.h.cho twitter: https://twitter.com/ceciliacho92 instagram: cecilia__cho92