The Top 8 Funniest Episodes of New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Before I even get into anything, I feel as though I’m not doing this show justice without laying down some ground rules. First, every episode of New Girl is laugh-until-your-stomach-hurts funny. Seriously. Second, if you haven’t seen New Girl, WATCH IT. I know you’ve seen the hype, you don’t have an excuse to keep this charm of a show waiting on your Netflix queue any longer. And third, I absolutely love this show. Every single episode. The characters, the humor, the situations, the ridiculousness, all of it. Okay, now that that is settled let’s get into the nitty-gritty; my most beloved, favorite, and hilarious episodes of New Girl of all time.

*********

Season 1, Episode 4 “Naked”

photo source: zimbio

As this is the first season, in the beginning part of the show, the relationships of the characters have not yet been fully developed. So, in this episode, when Jess accidentally walks in on Nick naked, it makes things super awkward. And it’s wonderfully entertaining.

Season 2, Episode 7 “Menzies”

photo source: x

I think this episode just may be my favorite out of all of them. I can’t even look at still photos of the episode without literally laughing out loud. In “Menzies”, Jess begins her search for a new job and Nick befriends and elderly, mute Asian man in the park, who becomes his spontaneous shrink. And to top it all off, Winston is suffering from “sympathetic PMS”. It’s weird, it’s senseless, and it’s damn funny.

Season 2, Episode 12 “The Cabin”

photo source: zimbio

Jess asks Nick and his wildly unpredictable girlfriend to go with her to Sam’s cabin for the weekend. But of course, nothing goes as expected. Meanwhile, Schmidt tries to get Winston to connect with his “culture”. This one is a belly-clutcher, folks.

Season 2, Episode 14 “Pepperwood”

photo source: denofgeek

Okay, I also love this one. Nick believes that a student in Jess’s creative writing class is very dangerous and planning to murder her. So, he launches an individual investigation on her student and even goes undercover with the code name “Julius Pepperwood”. I. Love. It.

Season 3, Episode 22 “Dance”

photo source: hypable

In “Dance” Jess, running out of options after all of her colleagues cancel on her, asks her friends to help her chaperone her middle-school dance that she’s in charge of running. It’s just as bad of an idea as it sounds (and equally hilarious), trust me.

Season 4, Episode 6 “Background Check”

photo source: hypable

As Winston nears his completion of the police academy, he must complete an at-home background check. Only, the day the check is on, it’s discovered that Jess has a very large bag of crystal meth in her closet, and, as it turns out, no one in the loft is very good at keeping secrets.

Season 5, Episode 12 “D-Day”

photo source: recapguide

Jess tries to help Schmidt and Cece with busy wedding festivities by going to a wine tasting. At the winery, she happens to hook up and plan a date with none other than…. Schmidt’s estranged father. And it all goes downhill from there.

Season 5, Episode 17 “Road Trip”

photo source: recapguide

Schmidt feels insecure in his masculinity, so he decides to take his groomsmen on a “manly” bachelor’s trip to Las Vegas. The trip includes motorcycles, Katy Perry jukebox jams, and intense, “real men” bar fights. It’s an absolute, total disaster.