This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

School is almost out and summer isn’t too far away. Pretty soon the temperatures will rise and the heat will make you thirsty. Here are some of the top five summer drinks to cool you off while having some fun in the sun. 

1. Frozen margarita 

The classic salt rimmed cocktail is a favorite every summer. This is the perfect drink if you want a little sweet and sour in your life.

2. Sangria 

Sangria is a perfect summer day option. The best part is you put whatever fruit into it that you want and it will taste amazing.  

3. Mojito 

Whether it be a classic mint or berry one such as this, the mojito is a sure fire way to heat up the party while cooling your guests off. 

4. Daiquiris

This is a personal favorite here. whether its the classic strawberry or a new and fun pomegranate, daiquiris are the very much grown up version of a summertime slushy. 

5. Frozen Popsicles  These are not your average popsicles, trust me. They don’t sell these in stores — at least, not yet. You can take any drink that you want and make it into a popsicle. Its like being a kid again except this time you’re adult size. 

younger male writer from Chicago