Top 5 Meal Kits & Food Delivery Companies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Starting college can be a scary step in your future, especially with everything you will have to learn by yourself. Grocery shopping is possibly the worst thing you can do when you are officially alone because you want to buy everything you see. And who could possibly be bothered with looking up recipes and then having to do the extra work of chopping and preparing the food? That is why I have decided to compile a list of the top 5 meal kits & food delivery companies, in my opinion.

1. HelloFresh

HelloFresh is currently the top-running meal kit. The meals start at $7.49 and can get more expensive depending on the types of meals you get. Each box comes with a curated recipe card for each meal you get. You can also cancel your subscription or skip meals with ease. The only downside to this company is that you have to prep some of the food that comes in the kit.

2. Home Chef

Home Chef has meals starting from $9.99 but they do student discounts. This box also includes curated recipe cards. You get the option to edit the meals that you will get for the week before they arrive if you do not like what they picked out for you. They also include options to change out the meat if you rather have turkey instead of steak. You can also cancel your subscription or skip meals with ease. The downside is that there is also a little bit of prep work for certain meals but it is not difficult.

3. Green Chef

They offer a variety of meals that would meet your lifestyle. They even offer limited time only seasonal foods as well. Meals would start at $5.40 for each serving. You can skip meals or cancel anytime.

4. Blue Apron

Blue Apron was one of the original meal kit delivery companies. Each meal would cost about $12.49 dollars. The company includes curated recipe cards, however there is more prep work and it takes a bit longer to make the meal. You can also skip meals or cancel anytime.

5. Factor 75

Factor 75 creates pre-made meals where all you have to do is unwrap the meal and pop it in the microwave. Voila! Your meal is done. They are curated by dietitians with your health in mind. These meals start at $11. And you can skip meals or cancel anytime.

I'm a senior at KU with a Strategic Communications major. I am really excited to join Her Campus and make new friends and new connections.