This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The best kind of songs are the ones you’ve been listening to all your life. There’s always that song that brings you back to certain time and place when you hear it. All those memories come flooding back and you’re a teenager in high school again.

For me, Paramore’s music brings back memories of my high school days. Paramore is currently on their “Self-Titled” tour, alongside HelloGoodbye and Metric, and I got the chance to see them perform in Kansas City on Oct. 28.

The night started off with HelloGoodbye, whose album was just released that night. They mixed in some old songs with some new ones off their album. Overall, it was a good performance, considering I haven’t heard any of their music, since 2006. Their mix of upbeat music and catchy lyrics are what make people listen in the first place. It is still the same band you remember, with the same sound. 

Next came Metric; I’ve been dying to see them live for a while. They didn’t disappoint — at all. Lead singer Emily Haimes came out on stage with her haunting, angelic voice and put everyone into a trance. Their newest album “Synthetica,” which came out in 2012, is a perfect blend of rock mixed with an electronic type feel. If you haven’t heard of them, you should definitely check them out. This is one of my favorite discoveries of last year and they’ve been around for a little bit now.

Last but not least, Paramore. I haven’t seen them in concert, since I was in high school. Their show was the perfect mix of their old songs, along with their new ones. Their “Self Titled” album reminds me of their old stuff, but elevated. My personal favorites are all of the interludes on the album. The whole crowd was on their feet, dancing the night away. They performed “Still Into You” last and balloons rained from the sky and confetti flew everyone. It was the best way to end a show.

They will be touring in America until the beginning of December. If you have a chance, you should go check out this show! It will not disappoint you.