Style > Beauty

The Three Best Nail Polish Brands in the Drugstore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

You know how some people have bad nail habits. Some people bite their nails, some people distress their cuticles, and some people like to leave them until they are just a little bit longer and then peel off the ends of your nails like a maniac.  

I may be one of these people.  

One thing to help with this is to paint your nails to psychologically manipulate yourself into not ruining beautiful things. I have subsequently acquired a small collection of drugstore nail polishes. I don’t know if drugstore nail polishes are more worth it than online or bougie brands but I can’t afford them anyways. These are what I have found to be the best brands of drugstore nail polish.  

Sinful Colors

First is Sinful Colors! I have never had a bad nail polish from them and they are $2 at Target. They have a opaque mint with gold shimmer called Mint Apple, a sheer sparkly pink called Glass Pink, and a sky blue jelly-crème with pink and gold sparkle called Cinderella to name a few.  

Revlon

My second pick is definitely Revlon. They are about $4 at Walmart and they have some stunners. My favorite shades are the Nail Enamel in Extravagant, Colorstay Gel Envy Longwear Nail Enamel in Roulette Rush, and the Transforming Effects Top Coat in Matte Pearl Glaze which might seem like a contradiction but has a very cool effect.

NYC In A Minute

My absolute third is NYC In A Minute. The best quick-dry polish formula and about $5 a bottle depending on the place. They have shades such as Robin’s Egg Blue, Lexington Lilac, and Animal Instinct.

Hopefully, this has given you some inspiration and useful information for your upcoming drugstore at-home manicures. 

I'm a creative writing and journalism double major and a freshman. This is my first year writing for her campus.