This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is coming up and if you’re like me, without a valentine, here are some of my favorite TV couples to make your heart happy. I’ll also include the episodes that these couples got together in, in case you want to watch them again.

9. Luke and Lorelai

Starting off with a classic is always great. Luke and Lorelai are amazing for each other. The showrunners made us wait for them to finally get together, but it was worth it in the end. The episode where Lorelai and Sookie finally open up the Dragonfly and Luke kisses her for the first time was so cute! (Season 4, Episode 22: “Raincoats and Recipes”) Of course, they had to make us wait again for them to get married, but when they did, it was a perfect ending to the show. (let’s just ignore that whole Rory’s pregnant thing)

8. Nick and Jess

Another great one: Nick and Jess. They also made us wait for them to get together, but that first kiss episode? Amazing, incredible, spectacular, what we all wanted. (Season 2, Episode 15: “Cooler”) Nick and Jess were so perfect for each other, and that whole episode was hilarious. I loved when Nick literally climbed out the window so his first kiss with Jess didn’t have to be in that scenario. And then at the end of the episode where they finally do kiss was just perfect. 

7. Cory and Topanga

This couple was one from my childhood. I loved watching Boy Meets World and I watched Girl Meets World. Cory and Topanga were another couple perfect for each other. They were pretty much together from the beginning, but they had their first kiss in Season 1, Episode 4: “Cory’s Alternative Friends”. But, the couple does not start dating until they are teens in Season 3, Episode 1 “My Best Friend’s Girl”. A few seasons later, Cory and Topanga get married in Season 7, Episode 7: “It’s About Time”. The couple then goes on to be the perfect parents to Riley and Auggie (and Maya) in Girl Meets World.

6. Jane and Michael

I know, I know this is a sad one, but I was always a Jane and Michael endgame stan. They were so perfect for each other and I absolutely bawled my eyes out when Michael died (only to find out he was not actually dead in the last season??). Rafael was a good guy for Jane too, but I just think her and Michael were soul mates. It was them against the world. They were together from the beginning, but they got married in Season 2, Episode 22: “Chapter Fourty-Four” and Michael said his vows to Jane in Spanish! So cute! 

5. Nick and Charlie

Nick and Charlie from Heartstopper are another amazing couple. (I definitely recommend reading the comics if you love the show!) This show is pretty much all sappy, happy moments between Nick and Charlie. This is a great show to watch if you want to feel overwhelmed with happiness and love. They are really great together and another couple that is perfect for each other. The couple first kissed in Season 1, Episode three “Kiss” and start officially dating in Season 1, Episode 8 “Boyfriend”. 

4. Ian and Mickey

Maybe a bit problematic in the beginning, but after the first few seasons, Ian and Mickey become more and more perfect for each other. They first hooked up in Season 1, Episode 7 “Frank Gallagher: Loving Husband, Devoted Father” but that doesn’t really count as them being “together”. In Season 3, Episode 5 “The Sins of My Caretaker” Mickey finally kisses Ian and they sort of started dating each other. But, things went wrong later in the season when Mickey’s dad walks in on them. Mickey eventually comes out for Ian in Season 4, Episode 11. The couple has their ups and downs throughout the rest of the show, and ultimately get married in Season 10, Episode 12: “Gallavich!”. 

3. Brittany and Santana

I absolutely loved Brittany and Santana from the beginning. I thought they were so great together and they had some of the most iconic moments together. Performances like their “Landslide” one in Season 2, Episode 15 “Sexy” or their “Me Against the Music” duet in Season 2, Episode 2 “Britney/Brittany”. The couple had their ups and downs throughout the series as Santana struggled with her sexuality, but they eventually admitted their feelings for each other in Season 2, Episode 15 “Sexy” before ultimately starting to date in Season 3, Episode 4 “Pot O’Gold”. I think Brittany was a really great person for Santana. She always loved and accepted her and Santana did the same for her. The couple finally got married in Season 6, Episode 8 “A Wedding”. 

2. Monica and Chandler

This is one of my absolute favorite tv couples. The first time I watched Friends, I was completely shocked by their pairing in Season 4, Episode 23 “The One with Ross’ Wedding Part 1” but as their relationship developed, I could see how their chemistry really worked well together. And one of my favorite moments in the show —“they don’t know that we know they know we know”— happened as a result of their relationship (Season 5, Episode 14 “The One Where Everyone Finds Out”). They stayed together after getting together and ultimately married each other in the finale episodes of Season 7. 

intro 1564159684?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
NBCUniversal & Canva

1. Jim and Pam

This couple, for me, is the epitome of perfect for each other. We knew they were destined for each other from the start and their development throughout the series was great. The couple shared their first kiss in the Season 2 finale “Casino Night” after Jim confesses his love to Pam, although Pam stays engaged to Roy. Jim begins dating Karen shortly after their encounter in Season 3. Pam eventually breaks it off with Roy and Jim with Karen and the couple begins dating in Season 3, Episode 25 “The Job”. Jim and Pam get married in Season 6, Episode 4/5 “Niagra” in the cutest way possible.

Sophie Sanders is a writer for the Her Campus at University of Kansas chapter. She has been a part of Her Campus KU since August of 2022. Sophie focuses on entertainment when writing for Her Campus KU. She enjoys writing about current films, TV shows and books. Sophie was awarded the Writing Member of the Month by the HCKU writing executives in February. Sophie is a sophomore at the University of Kansas and is double majoring in Film & Media Studies with an emphasis in Production and English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. Apart from Her Campus, Sophie is involved in the Film Department at KU. She works as an office assistant in the front office and she is involved with KU film clubs. Sophie enjoys reading, writing creatively, and watching movies in her free time. Some of her favorite books include Six of Crows, Normal People, and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. She is a huge fan of the Scream movie franchise. Her favorite Scream is Scream VI. She also loves La La Land and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Sophie enjoys Yoga and board games. Sophie is passionate about issues pertaining to women and lgbtq+ people as well.