Taking Mass Street by Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Do you spend hours trying to find what to wear for a night out?  Here are some fellow Jayhawks’ style that might give you inspirations for your next going out outfit! Let’s all take Mass by storm!

Justine Powl, (@juspowls), a sophomore, looks stunning in her simple, but trendy look. It’s a very clean and classy look. A simple white shirt with blue and white spotted skirt with gray flats. A new lovely trend going around that is shown in the picture is pocket skirts! Anything with pockets is a huge trend; jackets, skirts and dresses. Who doesn’t love pockets? They’re also a great way to keep track of your KU ID and phone! Flats are a comforable, but classy, look and they make great dancing shoes!

Chandler Leeth, (@chandlerleeth), a sophomore, looks very trendy in her flowy white shirt, colorful skirt and wedges! Flowy shirts are in and are a very classy look for going out with the girls. It’s a great shirt when you are dancing and it’s very comforable. You can breathe! Color is a great idea when you go out, even in a dark room, a colorful skirt can make a statement and get you noticed, in a good way! Wedges are a girl’s best friend. It’s like a heels but way more comfortable.

Madeline Nave (@maddienavexo), a sophomore, looks trendy and stunning in her outfit! “I love this outfit because it’s pretty versatile. The colors can go summer or fall,” Madeline said. “I could throw a cream cardigan over it to dress it down or leave it how it is fun a nice dinner with friends. Leather is super in right now as well as wearing the same hues. Mix patterns and the purse is the best accessory to add a pop of color.” Couldn’t have said it better myself Madeline! Purses are very trendy right now and a great way to make sure if you have everything by the end of the night.

Lauren Bagby (left) and Jerilyn DeRee (right) (@lobagby, @jerilyn16), both sophomores, posing for a picture together during a night on the town. Lauren is looking trendy with her black dress and leather jacket. You can’t go wrong with a little black dress. She dresses it up to go with a black leather jacket and purse. Leather jackets are a great way to give edge to any outfit. Jerilyn is looking adorable with her black and white striped shirt and black skirt. Stripes are bold and playful.

Don’t feel like you have to have the same style every night you go out. Every night can be a new stunning look and it can be fun to mix it up! These collegiettes show you how it’s done. Justine, earlier in her long sleeve shirt and skirt, is also pulling off the high-waisted shorts style. She looks classy and sweet in her mint high-waisted shorts and white shirt with her blue cardigan. Head bands are a huge trend right now and are a cute idea to add to any outfit! Lauren, earlier in her black dress, has softened up her look with  a flowered skirt and pink shirt. Great ideas for outfits for a dinner with your best friend or a girls night on Mass.

What is your look going to be next time you go out? Instagram us (@hercampus_ku) and show us your favorite outfits for going out!