Take Me Out To The Ballgame

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Even though Game 7 of the World Series, the final matchup between the Kansas City Royals and the San Francisco Giants, did not go in favor of the Royals, there is still a lot to celebrate. Most people can agree that this season was an unexpected surprise for Kansas City and their fans.

(Photo credit to John-Garrett Baron)

KU Alum, John Garrett Baron, made sure to fly back to Kansas City from California just to see Game 7. He explained it as a “once in a lifetime opportunity” that he simply could not miss as a Royals fan. Baron was lucky enough to even attend Game 7 at Kauffman Stadium this past Wednesday night.

(Photo credit to Cassandra Barrera)

However, KU students were not only cheering on the Royals. San Francisco native, and KU junior, Cassandra Barrera, was one of very few Giants fans in the Kansas City area. “I was at the Bull with all royals fans except for a couple giants fans. I was so happy that the Giants had won, but, I wish I could’ve been somewhere with more Giants fans, so I felt like I could really show how happy I was.”

Regardless of the outcome of Game 7, we can all agree that it was a great season and an amazing World Series.