summer girl hawaii yoga hiking exercise view high res version
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

Summer 2021 Bucket List Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Summer is right around the corner ladies and after being robbed of a full summer of fun with friends and family due to the pandemic; it is time to create the ultimate summer bucket list that will keep you busy and smiling throughout the warmer months. No matter where you are in the world this summer, this bucket list can be done anywhere and with anyone. Here are my top five ideas to make Summer 2021 one of the best ones yet…

1. Movie Night in the Driveway

Grab all the candy, popcorn, and blankets, because a DIY movie theater in the driveway on a summer night has got to happen sometime. Whether it is a romcom or horror film; invite your friends to enjoy a nice evening spent outdoors watching a movie and enjoying your favorite movie snacks. I am a sucker for a good romantic comedy, or musical; especially on summer nights with friends. 

2. Try a new local restaurant, bar, or café

Local businesses need us this summer. They have needed us this whole year and will continue to need us throughout the summer to make up for lost time. It could be at a local cantina, enjoying some chips and guacamole, or at a quaint coffee shop sipping on an iced matcha latté.

Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

3. Try a new workout class or routine

Many gyms and fitness centers have begun to open back up and this summer is a perfect opportunity to shake up your workout routine. It could be a yoga class, maybe a spin class, or even something completely out of your comfort zone like a kickboxing class to get you feeling fit and fabulous. A new workout could be as simple as incorporating morning walks into your routine as the weather gets warmer; easy and simple is the key to a healthy and happy life. 

pile of books
Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

4. Read a book

Each summer I make it a goal to read three new books throughout the summer, and usually if I can finish at least one: I consider it a success. Last summer I surprised myself and did finish three books: We Were the Lucky Ones, Tattooist of Auschwitz, and The Sun is Also a Star. I would highly recommend reading We Were the Lucky Ones, because it is a breathtaking novel about a Jewish family during World War 2 and how their survival skills were tested during the grueling Holocaust period.

5. Enjoy time with your loved ones

Probably the most important one of them all. Try to spend time with those who truly matter to you, the ones that make you want to be a better person. We know what it is like to have our world completely tuned upside down, and after a year full of cancellations and missed opportunities to spend with those we care about; make it count this summer.

Hey :) I'm Lauren and I am senior at the University of Kansas! When I am not writing for HER Campus, you can find me spending time with my friends and family, enjoying the outdoors, or drinking too much coffee ;)