Stay Cute in the Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Lets face it, finding the right balance between warm and stylish while searching for your winter coat can be hard. Some are all about the look aspect while others want to keep as cozy as possible in the frigid winter months. Luckily, most stores and brands have found a mix of both aspects. Instead of being stuck with those huge, puffy jackets our moms used to force us to wear when we were younger, there are so many cute, yet winter appropriate jacket choices now. Whether you are going for more of a classic look or want to stick with a more laid back vibe, there is surely a winter coat out there for you this season. Now the hard decision is choosing which fashionable style suits you best.

1.       The Peacoat.

The Peacoat is a simple, classic look that women have loved for years. Its versatility is what makes it a fashion favorite. Dress it up for a fancier event or pair it with jeans and a chunky sweater and you have the perfect winter look.

2.       The Army Jacket

Let’s all thank the fashion gods for bringing back army jackets. Not only are they incredibly cozy but the instantly will give your outfit that rocker look. If you are lucky you can head to your local thrift shop and find an army jacket for a reasonable price that will have the perfect distressed look. This jacket is all about the cool factor so make sure to rock it.

3.       The Trench Coat

A trench coat isn’t the warmest of all the jacket options but you will instantly feel more professional when you get your hands on one. Most trench coats are commonly associated with rainy, gloomy days so if there is a day where the weather isn’t completely freezing, I strongly advise that you find your trench coat; heads will turn and you will feel like you can conquer the world.

4.       The Parka

Parkas are perfect for the days where you just can’t handle the cold. They are huge, thick, and typically lined with warm materials on the inside for extra insulation. What sounds better when you are walking to class in five feet of snow? They might not give you the most glam look but when it comes to warmth parkas are the way to go.