This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Okay, so maybe I don’t surf, but I know a thing or two about casual, comfy style catered to the warm beaches of Hawaii. Destination: Maui. I piled my suitcase with my favorite floral and breezy pieces including ASOS, Free People and staples from Urban Outfitters. Together, I collected images of my favorite outfits from the trip. Consider it an ode to summer style during the cold winter months and a diary of my favorite sites during my trip.

Day one: I love kimonos, so much that I own eight of them. This particular black and Aztec dawning statement piece comes from a little boutique in Lawrence. It was perfect as a swim cover-up or a formal dinner ready accessory to the little black dress. Here, it is paired with a daisy embossed bandeau from Urban Outfitters as well as BDG high-waisted shorts. 

Day two: I strayed a bit from the usual attire while attending my first PGA tournament. It is no secret that I love golf and I was so excited to watch Adam Scott play in person and fellow KU alumni, Gary Woodland. My outfit of the day included H&M patterned shorts accompanied with an ASOS V-neck crop with accompanying ASOS bandeau. My sandals were Sam Edelman and matched my go-to, trusty Michael Kors satchel. 

Day three: This special trip was due to my parents celebrating 25 years of marriage together. With that, we celebrated on a warm and windy evening at Fleetwood’s on Front. The outfit was completely ASOS: a bright floral maxi that followed me from the beach to the bar as well as a breezy tank. The two flowy pieces created a carefree but careful look perfect for a dinner overlooking the Pacific. Hidden are my favorite Sam Edelman wedges in brown. These were so comfy for those tricky stairs and a sunset walk in Lahaina.

Day four: My beach attire hails from the ever-trusty ASOS. I strayed from the norm and dawned a bit of a vintage inspired look with a high-waisted and cinched bottom with a electric blue and broach-encrusted top. I opted for a high waist cut for comfort. As a hippy woman with an athletic build, I simply felt more comfortable in a bit more coverage than the average bikini. No matter what, comfort and confidence is the best attire!

Day five: Hawaii brought cool, breezy mornings. Perfect for a cute brunch while overlooking the ocean with a class of fresh squeezed juice. My go-to Urban Outfitters crop was perfect to soak in some sun. My favorite gladiators come from a vintage boutique in the heart of Lawrence.

Day six: The last day of sweet sunshine before returning to the bitter winters of Kansas called for one last crop top. This is the black daisy crop from Urban Outfitters (yes, I loved the design and cut so much that I bought it in both colors). My favorite item from my suitcase was this ASOS triple maxi in KU colors— crimson and blue.