This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

If you ask around campus, a lot of students will tell you that one of their favorite KU traditions is tailgating before football games. There’s something to be said for the gathering of students, alumni, and Jayhawk fans alike that make the afternoons on game day some of the best celebrations of the year. Grill masters show off their perfectly barbecued meals, game enthusiasts brag about their extensive knowledge of the team, and most importantly, stylish students showcase their best outfits decked out in school colors. Call me biased, but I believe KU students bring their A-game to tailgating and we have a school full of gorgeous girls to prove it. We fill the stands with hundreds of different looks, and outfit inspiration can easily be found. Here are a few spirited tailgating looks featuring some familiar faces from campus.

Sydney Aaranson (@sQuidney_11) pulls off a classic look of Converse and high-waisted denim shorts flawlessly. This laid-back outfit works great for game day since it’ll let you stay comfortable all day while sporting your Jayhawk tank or t-shirt with pride. Chowing down on tailgate food has never looked so good. 

For more of a preppy look, anything with stripes will do. This classy striped dress combined with a bow in school colors makes for an adorable game day outfit, and Zoe Strauss (@zoeerin999) is no exception. Layering delicate necklaces is just the cherry on top for this already darling look. 

Last but not least, Sydney Silverstein (@sydnerella12) flaunts an outfit that mixes chic and spirited in all the right ways. By combining a flowing white dress, a metallic cross body bag, and a KU cap, she proves that you can look New York Fashion Week ready even on game day.

Football season has only just began, and there are plenty of opportunities to dress up for game days ahead. So make your way to the stands this season, collegiettes. Lastly, don’t forget to take these looks as inspiration for whatever incredible outfit you’re planning for the big game.

Journalism Student, Arts Enthusiast, & Minneapolis Native.