This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

I am going to say this right here and right now: I am not a movie person. I have never been and never will be. I only watch movies with other people if I am feeling up to it, but rarely on my own. However, when it comes to TV shows, I love them. Now I am not sure how that logic works, but it does for me so let’s go with it. If you are looking for a good show to watch, you came to the right place. Here are my top 10 shows that you can watch all the way through, and you won’t regret it. They range from scary to happy to dramatic to humorous. So, grab those sweats you’ve been dying to wear and a bag of chips and prepare yourself for the binge.

• Supernatural—this is my all-time favorite show. Yes, it may be 15 seasons, but each one of those seasons is amazing and one of a kind. It leans more towards the scarier side and of course the supernatural side. If you are looking for a great storyline of two brothers just trying to do some good in an evil world, this is the show for you!
  • Vampire Diaries—This show is popular amongst teen and college girls. Why wouldn’t it be? Like supernatural, it is about two brothers who are vampires, and it depicts their crazy immortal life. This show is all about romance, mystery, and suspense. A lot of drama. Add a little magic to your life by watching it!
  • Pretty Little Liars—Speaking of mystery, this show is it. 4 girls try to unravel the story behind a murder mystery of a best friend and a dangerous stalker. This show brings the suspense, and you may need a notebook and pencil to keep up with all the plot twists! Lots of drama and love, but also a good representation of true friendship.
  • Stranger Things—okay this is like the ultimate binge worthy show. It is probably one of the most interesting shows I have ever seen, and many agree. I honestly couldn’t explain it to you what it is like and how good it is because it is the first of its kind. So, you are going to have to watch it!
stranger things halloween costumes 2022?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Courtesy of Netflix © 2022
  • Flash—Changing the genre a bit, this is my favorite superhero show by far. I think I like it a lot because it also teaches many life lessons. Barry Allen, a normal guy, was struck by lightning and was given super speed. However, he is not the only one. Watch it to find out more!
  • The Good Doctor—okay all of you probably know about Grey’s Anatomy. Who doesn’t? Well, this show is a lot like it, but the main character is a surgeon with autism. It shows how he functions in everyday life as a doctor and a human being. It brings more real-world issues to the table, and it is definitely a feel-good show. If you like Grey’s, you sure will like this one!
  • The Fosters—Talking about real world issues, The Fosters is full of them, just a bit more dramatized. This young girl has been in and out of the system her whole life. She finally finds a family she loves and who loves her. However, there are a fair share of problems that come with that. Another life lesson show and it portrays the many issues within the foster care system.
  • Gossip Girl—If you are looking for drama, you came to the right place because this show is full of it. Gossip Girl is the person who has all the information about a group of rich girls and boys with many secrets to hide. Nothing is perfect in the luxurious world.
HBO
  • Baby Daddy—A baby was left at this young and rowdy man’s doorstep. Turns out the baby was his and his roommates and him must figure out how to raise her right. This show is honestly funny and lighthearted. However, it also displays the battles of being a single parent. Your laughs will be genuine while watching this show.
  • Julie and The Phantoms—Don’t knock it until you try it. You may think this show is for little kids. Wrong. It is actually a beautiful show of a young girl getting through life after her mom died through the use of music and her 3 ghost best friends. It teaches the watchers a lot about real world issues and friendships. It takes you through many emotions and it is only one season long. It was canceled way too soon so keep its legacy alive by watching it!

There are so many other shows out there. Great ones. Bad ones. Emotionally disturbing ones. You know what I am getting at. These ones; however, are some of my favorites because they all hit close to home in some way, shape, or form. So why not give them a try? You never know what you are going to enjoy until you start it. They are worth the binge. Reach for the stars!

Madison Swafford is on the writing team for Her campus at the University of Kansas chapter! She writes mostly opinionated articles dealing with life and culture. Beyond Her Campus, Madison works at the Boys and Girls Club of Lawrence where she utilizes her creative mind to help behavioral children and design lessons for them. She is also getting involved in the University Daily Kansan. Madison is a sophomore at the University of Kansas studying multimedia journalism with a minor in psychology. In Madison's free time, she loves to sing and read. She loves trying new things and hanging out with friends. Her competitive nature makes everything a challenge and she enjoys writing creative stories whenever she has the time.