This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

This week’s article topic is one we all could use a little help on, no matter how much confidence you have. I see way too often girls (and guys) looking for reassurance and validation in random objects; things that don’t even matter. I know we ask ourselves often, “am I measuring up?” or “am I good enough?” I know I do! But in reality, we look for the answers of these questions where it is hopeless to find them. I think it’s time to get serious about the capability of self-empowerment and beginning to look for reassurance that you are enough in YOURSELF.

Image credit

YOU are in control.

Henry Ford once said, “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right.” You have to first make the decision to believe you CAN. Putting trust in yourself can truly get you through anything because the truth is, no matter how helpless you feel in a situation, you are always in control of it! You might not always get to change how people feel or how people act or what situations are sprung upon you, but one thing you do get to choose is how you respond to that, and THAT is powerful.

Image credit

Don’t underestimate the power of tomorrow.

Whether it’s the best day ever or the longest day of your entire existence (we’ve all been there), it is going to come to an end. The curtains on your 24 hour day will close, and all at once, it’s over. I think having faith in the concept that tomorrow is a new day is amazing. Imagine how your life would change if you woke up the morning after a bad day, and, instead of dwelling on what yesterday brought you, you looked at the potential of the day you were given. Focusing on the now is so important, and even if it doesn’t go exactly as planned, guess what? The power of tomorrow.

This article, being super short, is a quick reminder to you of how amazing we are as humans. Some of us can run under four minute miles or jump the Grand Canyon with a motorcycle. So, why wouldn’t we have the capability to turn our day, our lives around? You got this, sis! Go get it.

Hi! I'm Callie! I’m an Iowa native with a love for people, running, the Jayhawks and chips & salsa because, honestly, who doesn’t?