The Quick Guide to Feeling Fresh during Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The Quick Guide to Finals Week Fashion

We’ve been counting down the days, hours, and minutes since school started. It’s finally here, the end of the semester. You can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel known as winter break. You are only a few final exams and papers away from sweet freedom and relaxation. But first, you must conquer the almighty finals week. At this point you might feel like your brain is fried and the week hasn’t even started yet. Before you have a premature freak-out, mark one thing off your list: yourself! The way you look is probably the last thing you want to think about when you’ve pulled more all-nighters than you’d like to remember and you feel like a walking zombie. Here are a few tips and tricks on how to finish this semester strong while still feeling as put together as you can during the most stressful week of the semester.

1.       Pick universal outfits.

There is no need to dress fancy to sit for a few hours during your test and wearing an outfit you feel all together comfortable in can really eliminate one thing that’s on your mind. Go for your most comfortable pair of yoga pants and favorite t-shirt. Even if you have to wear your lucky sweatshirt for every day you have a test, there is no shame. After all, it’s finals week. To give yourself a few extra minutes to sleep in, plan your outfits for the week out ahead of time so you can get dressed quickly and have time to relax before the big test.

2.       Become one with your dry shampoo.

Finals week is no time to be worrying about your hair and is often the part that displays the crazy amount of stress we are under. Although, you might be pulling your hair out half way through a crazy study session, it is still okay to give it a little attention in the morning. If you don’t have time to wash it, spray in a little dry shampoo to eliminate any grease, ultimately leaving you feeling fresher and more put together. After that, you can toss your hair up in a messy bun or pony-tail to keep strays out of your face while you are trying to concentrate.

3.       Have zero contact with your contacts.

The middle of a test is no time to have a contact lens malfunction. They come at the worst times and ultimately leave you a teary-eyed mess. To avoid this altogether, don’t worry about your contacts this week and stick to wearing your glasses. They might not be everyone’s favorite option but they are the safest way to ensure your eyes will be ready for the big test day. Make sure they are clean and smudge-free and you will have no issue reading the tiny print on your finals.