This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Psycho Mode  

Every girl has been there. It lies deep within us all. There are just some inevitable qualities in men that release the psycho in us.  

It is what I like to call a multi-personality wheel. Often, it comes out to play during a passionate fight with your man. I’m here to tell you that it’s okay. Use these different characteristics to your advantage. You’re a strong, multifaceted women who is willing to go above and beyond to get what you want.  

The multiple personality wheel consists of (but is not limited to) … 

• The sad & apologetic psycho 
  • The angry psycho 
  • The silent treatment psycho 
  • The seductive psycho 
  • The cute & manipulative psycho  
  • Pure psycho mode (also referred to as the Incredible Hulk)  

It is important to start out strong when deciding which “psycho” you’re going to be. It determines the trajectory for your intended personalities. You must carefully analyze the situation and make a well-informed decision.  

For example, if you’re the one in the wrong, it’s smart to start out with the sad and apologetic psycho. Grovel. Make him feel how sorry you are. Shower him with your love and devotion. Reveal that soft, vulnerable side of you.  

If this isn’t warranting the response you want, switch it up at the drop of a pin. Morphing into the angry psycho may be the way to go. Make him wish that you were still the somber, apologetic girlfriend you once were. You can even kick it up a notch and go full Incredible Hulk mode. This may involve screaming, throwing, threats and even true crimes of passion. He will begin to see the fear of god in your eyes. You have him right where you want him, time to morph again.  

Image credit: https://media.giphy.com/media/9aCJS392kJ7LG/giphy.gif  

Boy are suckers for crazy. We will never understand why, but it’s a fact. So use it to your advantage. Transitioning from pure psycho mode to seductive mode will permit big results. You’ve discovered his weakness. The seductive psycho will have your man saying, “She’s insane, but I love her.”  

This will usually result in resolution, but if your man still isn’t cooperating, it’s time for process of elimination. Quickly analyze the situation and your man’s mood. Ending with the cute and manipulative psycho may be the way to go. Or if you undoubtably messed up, the silent treatment is your best friend. Give him just enough space that makes him come crawling back.  

How do you know in the moment when to morph into a new personality? It’s simple—it’s all up to the man. If he isn’t cooperating, then keep throwing different personalities his way until he responds positively. Eventually he will break down and give you your desired response. The key is persistence and strategically selecting the next personality.  

So, ladies you need to embrace all the characteristics within you. Get to know them. Become comfortable with them so you can properly choose your line up. Ask yourself: Which is my strongest go to? Which has given me the best results? Which is my weakest personality?  

Identify your weaknesses and cut them. Identify your strengths and perfect them. Use everything to your advantage! Utilizing the multi-personality wheel will always keep your man on his toes. He’ll never get bored because he’s essentially dating ten different women!   

Keep your man loyal, stay strong and go get what you want out of your relationship. Morph into the beautiful, powerful butterfly that you are.  

(PC: me.me) 

Senior at the University of Kansas studying Strategic Communications and Business