This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

I have been going to school for a long time. I am in the 18th grade, aka a senior in college. Throughout my time, I have had my fair share of gross, unhealthy, and downright questionable meals from the school cafeteria. On top of that, as a broke college student, buying lunch and dinner every night was not in my budget.

Here, I break down my top 3 favorite protein packed meals that actually taste good and are nutrient rich.

Everyone knows about the generic protein pancake mixes. You can buy a pancake mix box, fry it on the pan, and enjoy. But, I know a better way that is more cost efficient, more nutrient dense, and fewer calories!!!

Ice Cream Vanilla Protein Pancake Topped With Honey
26g Protein ~ 200 Calories

Her Campus Article

fiber PAcked OVERNIGHT OATS
8G PROTEIN ~ 200 CALORIES

You can never go wrong with overnight oats. They fill you up, hold you down, and keep you light. The more milk you add, the more protein packed your oats will be. And you can never eat too many oats! Enjoy this meal guilt-free, budget-friendly, and eco-friendly.

Her Campus Article 1

Air Fried Salmon
25G PROTEIN ~ 250 CALORIES

Cooking is a passion of mine. For freshmen without an oven, an air fryer is a life savor. It is worth the $60 investment to eat healthy foods and the combination of meals you can prepare are endless! This quick and easy meal practically cooks itself!

Her Campus Article 1 1

All this food looks delicious but how do I pack it into my backpack?

• Put your tasty and nutritious food into a lunch box, old target grocery bag, or any other bag you have laying around. Now, you have a lunch box!

What about it going bad in the heat, making me smell like fish, or spilling in my bag?

• If you have the option to bring a cold, ice pack in your lunch box, DO IT!
    Likely, nobody will care if your lunch bag smells like food, but it never hurts to keep an extra perfume tester bottle on you. Andddd, if somebody asks, offer them a piece. They are probably hungry.
    Whether you live on-campus or off-campus, you can ditch your dinning hall and eat like a pro!

BONUS!
Snacks to eat in between classes

No need to get hangry at 3:00pm. Have a snickers! I mean SNACK
Mixed Nuts with Hummus

7G PROTEIN ~ 150 CALORIES

Banana with Peanut Butter

7G PROTEIN ~ 180 CALORIES

Hi, my name is Sara Galapo. This is my first year as a writer for the University of Kansas Her Campus Chapter. I am a senior, studying business analytics in the fitness technology industry. I am excited to dip my toes into creative writing this year and hope to write a novel in the future. I use my experience in data analytics, investment banking, research, psychology, and student teaching roles to cover a variety of topics, including academics, career, lifestyle, nutrition, fitness, fashion, and beauty. This past summer, I spent mornings and evenings learning about street fashion in San Francisco on my daily commute to work.