This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Multiple new trends have developed throughout quarantine since March 2020: whipped coffee, family walks, TikTok dances. One trend that has risen in popularity is the increase in creation and listening of podcasts. Whether you listen to them while exercising or doing chores, these podcasts might be something fun to add into your daily schedule. 

Daily Cup of JoJo

Frenemies:

Frenemies is a collaborative podcast between Ethan Klein and Trisha Paytas, two well-known YouTube personalities. Their past feuds and current friendship allows them to wittily discuss current pop-culture topics. 

Listen if you enjoy: YouTube Drama, pop-culture, comedy

Earbiscuits:

Two life-long best friends, and now two famous YouTube personalities, discuss pop-culture, personal anecdotes, and personal stories that are sure to make you crack a smile. 

Listen if you enjoy: pop-culture, slice-of-life, comedy

Ologies with Alie Ward

What is it like in a life of a scorpiologist, someone who studies scorpions? Or what does a day look like for an agnotologist, someone who studies ignorance? Ward talks with multiple ‘ologists’ whose studies are not well known in the general public. Through stories and scientific knowledge, listeners may learn about a new field of study.

Listen if you enjoy: science, life science

American Hysteria

Chelsey Weber-Smith explores the moral panics, conspiracy theories and urban legends that have shaped the American culture and explains why we believe certain fantastical thoughts. Through her research, Chelsey Weber-Smith is able to uncover complex social issues surrounding race, gender, sexuality and class among some of these fantastical thoughts.

Listen if you like:  conspiracy theories, history, social sciences

My Favorite Murder

Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark discuss tales of true crime stories and bring in hometown friends and fans to hear their perspectives and experiences. 

Listen if you like: true crime

Let’s Not Meet: A True Horror Podcast

In a scary mood? Andrew Tate analyzes and narrates true horror stories written by the general public by those that made it out alive from suspenseful and terror-filled experiences.

Listen if you like: horror

These podcasts can all be found on iTunes, Spotify, or anywhere else you listen to podcasts.

spotify, phone, headphones, music
Fixelgraphy / Unsplash

Microbiology Major/Spanish Minor 3rd Year PreMed student reader, artist, and tik-tok obsessed Loves to cook, watch anime, and exercise