This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Hi Crime Junkies! That’s how Ashley Flowers and Brit Prawat start their true crime podcast every week. This podcast has become an absolute staple in my everyday life. I listen to it when I walk to class, workout, get ready in the morning, in the car, and so much more. I started this podcast a couple of years back and stopped listening for a while, but now it has become an addiction. A good addiction though. Even though this podcast deals with many dark issues, it truly makes you think, and it is entertaining for all you true crime lovers.

Ashley and Brit focus mostly on murder cold cases, but they also do episodes on missing persons, conspiracy theories, updates/captures for cold cases, infamous cases, and more. Each episode includes detailed descriptions and their own thoughts regarding the case. They also provide different forensic results, statistics, and relevant information from other podcasts, shows, and multiple primary sources. They also provide the sources and photos they use within their podcast on their website. Here is an example of an episode I am listening to now: MISSING: Reed Jeppson source material. This is so important because their fans know exactly where the information is from and whether it is true.

Many of these cases have been cold for a while now with little public notice anymore. Their goal is to talk about these incidents in hopes of finding any more information regarding the cases so families and communities can finally get some closure.

Even though some are still cold, some cases have closed because of this podcast and its loyal fans. Ashley and Brit have made it their life mission to tell the world of horrific things. At the end of every episode, they always ask their fans to reach out to the proper authorities if they know any more tips about the case at hand. They truly want to see a case solved and justice being served.

Here are some of my favorite episodes for you to try!

MYSTERIOUS DEATH OF: Lauren Agee

Lauren Agee went to a wakeboarding festival with her friends. However, one morning her body is found in the lake and her friends have no clue what happened. Or so the police think.

This episode is so frustrating, but so good at the same time. Try it out!

CONSPIRACY: Phillip Island Part 1

This is my all-time favorite episode so far on Crime Junkie!

Beth Barnard is found at her home brutally murdered with the letter ‘A’ carved into her abdomen. Simultaneously, Vivienne Cameron is missing, and Beth was sleeping with her husband. Simple conclusion, right? Wrong because it isn’t that simple.

The wheels in my head would not stop turning during this episode and every time I think I would know something, my whole world would be flipped upside down. 10/10 would recommend and there is a part 2!!

MYSTERIOUS DEATH OF: Hugues de la Plaza

Hugues was found dead in his blood-soaked apartment with multiple stab wounds. Homicide was the first thing on the family’s mind; however, police think otherwise.

Again, this story is so frustrating, but you just have to listen to it.

MISSING: Oakley Carlson

Oakley was just 4 years old when she went missing. All the officers want is to bring the little girl back to the safety of the home, but her home may be the reason she went missing in the first place.

This case irks me because it is so apparent about what happened, but to this day, it remains cold.

There are some episodes to start on! I promise you though all the episodes are good in their own way. I would rate this podcast a 10/10 and it is my favorite true crime podcast I have ever listened to. Trust me, I have been through my fair share before this one. If you would like to learn more about the podcast, you can look at their website: Crime Junkie. I hope that with the help from you guys and the podcast itself can help shed some light on these terrible cases and bring closure to so many. As always, reach for the stars!

Madison Swafford is on the writing team for Her campus at the University of Kansas chapter! She writes mostly opinionated articles dealing with life and culture. Beyond Her Campus, Madison works at the Boys and Girls Club of Lawrence where she utilizes her creative mind to help behavioral children and design lessons for them. She is also getting involved in the University Daily Kansan. Madison is a sophomore at the University of Kansas studying multimedia journalism with a minor in psychology. In Madison's free time, she loves to sing and read. She loves trying new things and hanging out with friends. Her competitive nature makes everything a challenge and she enjoys writing creative stories whenever she has the time.