Patrick Jacquinot ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Patrick Jacquinot

Twitter/Instagram: @pjac24

Major: Business & Marketing

Year in School: Sophomore

Hometown: Parsons, Kansas

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Activities: Student Senator, VP of Hawks Helping Hawks, Genuine Imitation and working for KU Athletics!

Off-Campus Activities: Studying takes up a lot of time, but I like to go skiing and wakeboarding down at Tablerock Lake when it gets warmer! And of course just hanging out with friends in my off time.

Random fact: I grew up fishing and hunting.

Take me through your ideal date: I would want to go to a restaurant full of atmosphere, have a good dinner and good conversation, and afterwards, get some coffee and take a walk in a park to get to know one another better.

What is your biggest flaw? I have a really one-track mind; I can only focus on one thing at a time. At the same time, that’s the best thing about me because it allows me to give things I’m passionate about the full attention it deserves.

If your house was on fire and you could only pick one thing to save, what would it be? My KU signed basketball from 2008.

Life Motto: Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

What’s the first thing you notice about a guy? Eyes! Pretty eyes and eye contact.

What’s something guys do that you absolutely loathe? Trying too hard to impress someone, just be you.

If you had to pick an actor to play you in your life movie, who would you choose and why? A young Fred Astaire. He exudes a lot of confidence and class, and I feel like I have those characteristics as well.

What’s your favorite thing to do at KU? KU basketball games, hands down.

Pet Peeve: When people chew loudly, it’s really random. The only person who can smack their gum is Beyonce.

Three word your best friend would use to describe you: Crazy, Loyal and Compassionate

Turn Ons: Pretty eyes, good dancer and confidence

Turn Offs: Cockiness and laziness

Favorite place to eat in Lawrence: 23rd Street Brewery

Guilty pleasure: “Gilmore Girls,” I’ve seen every episode probably 5 times.

Current favorite song: “All of Me” by John Legend

Where would we find you on a Friday night? Probably somewhere around Lawrence, I like to go out with friends and be social.

What do you do for “you” time? When I need to decompress, I go run out on the trails at Clinton Lake.

What drives you? I have a really strong sense of adventure, and that really drives me to experience new things. The way to grow is to try new things and step out of your comfort zone, my sense of adventure drives me to do those things.

Celebrity Crush: Adam Levine

Role Model: My grandmother, she was one of the strongest people I know. She taught me everything from how to be a good person to how to cook, was very there for me my whole life. Even when she was diagnosed with cancer, she was so strong, never complained or wanted to bother other people.

Favorite movie: “Finding Nemo”

What’s your proudest accomplishment? Being a student senator, because you get to do so much for KU students.

If you could go back in time and give a younger you some advice, what would you say? Never doubt who you are.

What can a guy do to get your attention? Being a good dancer. If I see a guy who knows what he’s doing on the dance floor, that’s definitely an attention getter.

Four things on your bucket list before graduation: Sing the national anthem at a KU Men’s Basketball game, go skydiving and I really want to go to the Campanile. Kiss someone in the Fieldhouse.

Dream occupation: I would want to do something where I can travel the world.

Why do you think you’re a catch? Don’t be shy now. I think I have a lot of heart and I have the ability to really put the effort into something and really focus on someone, and I think that’s something that is hard to find.