Style > Beauty

The Part of My After-Shower Hair Care Routine I Never Knew I Needed

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Big surprise: I’m bad at being a girl and I actually don’t put a lot of product in my hair after I shower, mostly because at that point I’m ready for bed, but hey, I still have my post conditioner ritual, so let’s get right to it.

Image Credit

After getting out of the shower, I usually towel dry my hair for a quick second before applying my first product….. COCONUT OIL!!

I didn’t know whether or not to believe the hype about coconut oil until I started using a coconut oil after shower spray in my hair, and wow….LIFE. CHANGING. Honestly. The smell. The smoothness. The shine. I love it. 

After my coconut oil, I use a detangling, leave in conditioner that I seriously think I got in a FabFitFun box. I use it because it claims to make hair soft and smooth and not tangly and having curly, frizzy, crazy hair, you try just about anything to tame that shit. I like the product, but I’m not really blown away by it, it’s just as good as the “it’s a 10” brand you can purchase at Target but way more expensive and I don’t necessarily plan to reimburse myself once I run out. 

BUT THEN I FOUND SOMETHING NEW.

Image Credit

A 10-in-1 leave-in product by Garnier from their Whole Blends collection. AND WOW. I must say, I never would have known that what I was doing was missing something until I tried this. After I mist my hair with coconut oil, I massage a quarter size amount of this leave-in product to the ends of my hair and it is instantly even more soft, smooth, and again, that smell is everything!!

It’s a 10-in-1 product meaning it contains everything from detangling and softening to improved manageability and volume! I usually dry my hair with a dryer fresh out the shower, and I can honestly say there’s a difference in the amount of time it takes to dry my hair! It is much quicker and for a girl who truly values time more than money, that is so nice and important to me!! The convenience plus the look of my hair when using it makes feel like a bad bish with some good smelling hair. 

Image Credit

Garnier Whole Blends uses select ingredients to help restore the natural beauty of hair everytime the product is used! The Miracle Nectar 10-in-1 leave in product really does leave my hair stronger, feeling weightless, and looking healthy after application! Try it out because it is truly what I never knew I needed.

Hi! I'm Callie! I’m an Iowa native with a love for people, running, the Jayhawks and chips & salsa because, honestly, who doesn’t?