Orientation Assistant Spotlight: Becca Levine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Becca Levine

Year: Junior

Major: Religious Studies major and Jewish Studies and Leadership Studies minors

Hometown: St. Louis, Missouri

Activities you are involved in: KU Hillel, Undergraduate rep for Department of Religious Studies, Alpha Delta Pi, First-Year Experience, Jayhawks for Israel

Why did you want to be an OA? When I came to KU the Orienation assistants were the only people I saw that had just as much excitement as I did. It’s the best job to have when you love ku as much as I do.

Why do you think KU students need to get involved in activities? Activities help you discover your passion outside of your education and create a network of friends you may not meet through classes.

What drew you to KU? I’ve always been a JAYHAWK as I was a townie for 9 years and held my red and blue spirit until I returned to KU as a student

Favorite place on campus and why: I love being on top of the Oread because you can see all of Lawrence and campus and truly be larger than life. It’s beautiful to see far beyond the golden valley

What has been the most inspirational person/place/event/etc. on KU’s campus? I think the most inspirational place on campus is the library because you feel like there should be a tunnel for you to run through after studying all day.

What is one thing you would have liked to know during your first week? To talk to everyone you come into contact with because you never know how you can help each other or work with each other later in college and life 

Anything about you that most people don’t know? I’m allergic to chocolate and obsessed with Minnesota accents.

Laura Lyndall Fagen is a junior at the University of Kansas majoring in Strategic Communications and Theater. She is a Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters and loves all things volunteering.