This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Dear Best Friend,

Thank you. I think you deserve the world, and I hope someday you see that you do too. From the late night phone calls to letting me stay with you on a random Wednesday, and always being there to support me, I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky to have a friend like you. When it seems like everyone else in my life comes and goes, you are always there.

You believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself. You loved me when I was not easy to love. Even through the many, many mistakes I’ve made, you’ve never given up on me. You always put others before yourself. You know me better than anyone else. You know what I’m going to say before I say it. You can tell what I’m thinking with one look. You can feel when I’m upset from 100 miles away, and you always know what to say to make me feel better.

I’ll never understand how I got so lucky to be your best friend, but I will always be thankful that I am. Thankful for the deep conversations, the honesty, the prayers, and the never-ending support. You are thoughtful, smart, kind, and insanely strong. The world needs more people like you.

Always remember that you deserve the same love, honesty, respect, and kindness that you give to everyone. Remember to focus on yourself, because you are oh so important. You are worth so much more than you believe. Remember that I am always here for you, just like you are for me.

Love,

Your Best Friend

Hi I'm Ally! I'm studying journalism and dance at the University of Kansas.