An Open Letter to Coffee Megan Tiger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Dear Coffee,

Where do I start? Why must you be so amazing and addictive? I should be angry with you and your constant need for attention, yet I find myself willingly falling into your arms. Thank you for being my heart beat, for keeping me alive. Seriously I don’t think I’d be here today without you. Thank you for all the midterms and papers you got me through. Thank you for your mouthwatering perfectness. Thank you and your double shots of espresso and your frappe-ness. And by god, thank you for sometimes being pumpkin-flavored. Thank you for getting me out of bed and starting my day. Thank you for keeping me awake in my 3 p.m. lecture. Thank you for keeping me functioning at midnight. Thank you for being deliciously warm on the coldest days. Thank you for being refreshing on a scorching hot summer afternoon. Thank you for your bitterness and sweetness all mixed up in one. Thank you for that extra latte foam. Thank you for the way you taste black. Thank you for being my right-hand man. Thank you for being so culturally diverse. Thank you for being the international drink. Thank you for being you. I love you. 

HCxo,

HC KU

Native East Coaster but born and raised all over this beautiful world. A lover of photography, traveling, a good story, and of course social media. You can always find me studying Journalism and Global and International Studies while day dreaming up a new adventure.