This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Today I got my nails done with a few of my friends. A conversation arose about what colors are going to be trendy in 2021. For some reason, I cannot stop thinking about it. All day I have been trying to predict what colors I am going to be wearing most this year. This conversation really got me thinking to say the least. So in this article, I am going to try and predict what I believe are going to be the top 5 trendy colors of this year. I am going to make a list, but it is not in any specific order.

Top 5 Trendiest Colors in 2021

woman in white shirt and blue leggings
Photo by Anna Shvets from Pexels

1. Electric Blue

This color has not really been super in style since the 90s. But I found these heels that I bought in electric blue and they are beautiful. I am obsessed with them. Electric blue is a great accent color and brings life to an outfit. Even a mini electric blue handbag would look amazing. This color would thrive in streetwear and accenting streetwear.

keyboard journal and a pink rose
Photo by Laura Olsen from Unsplash

2. Sage Green

Sage green is a stunning color. I swear I don’t think anybody can look bad in a sage green top. It is a very flattering color for a majority of people. It is also very soothing and reminds me of plants. I think 2021 may be the year for all greens, but sage specifically will definitely have a moment in my opinion. 2021 is the year for greens. Mark my words.

ASOS

3. Chocolate Brown

Chocolate brown is on the come-up. I am so obsessed with brown ever since Kylie Jenner started working it. It is also very flattering and super trendy. I have been getting my nails done in rich brown shades since November of 2020 now. Lots of famous trendsetters have been rocking the brown so hard that it may be my new favorite color. Brown pants, shoes, bags, nails, and most of all BROWN LEATHER. Brown leather makes me drool. The final remark that I will make is that a neutral outfit with brown leather will always make my jaw drop.

pink bath bomb
Photo by Pawe? Czerwi?ski from Unsplash

4. Ballet Pink

Shades of pink will always be trendy. It used to be hot pink, but in recent years baby pink has become super popular. This year I think a shade of pink between the two of those is going to be very prominent. Pink is also a very flattering color because it compliments a variety of features.

Whisps

5. Tangerine Orange

Orange is an extremely underrated color. Orange is a high energy pop of color that everyone needs to rock. I also believe that orange looks good on a majority of people even though some people may be hesitant to try it. A tangerine or bright orange can be worn in some hot ways.

I am a sophomore at the University of Kansas studying Strategic Communications and Journalism. I am very interested in beauty, fashion, and trends! This page will most likely be mostly about those things, but I'm sure that I will throw some more stuff into the mix.