Style

My Top 5 Favorite Fall Items: Clothing Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

I’m no fashion guru so these fall favorites might not match up with what magazines or influencers have to say. I’m simply sharing my top five favorite clothing items for fall. They go in this order: first is mom jeans, second is sweaters, third is sweatpants, fourth is plaid and or flannel, and fifth is thigh high boots.

1. Mom Jeans

Mom jeans are my first fall favorite because of several reasons, the first being they are flattering on EVERYBODY. No matter your height, weight, or amount of booty, I promise you will look good in mom jeans. The second reason being they are super in-style. I’m not one who typically follows fashion trends but when I followed this one, it made me feel special.

2. Sweaters

Sweaters are my second fall favorite purely because they’re so comfy and cozy. I don’t know about you but comfy and cozy is one of my favorite word combinations. Also not to mention sweaters go with everything.

3. Sweatpants

My third fall favorite is sweatpants becasue of a similar reason to sweaters. I LOVE being comfortable. When I think about wearing a comfortable outfit the first thing that ones to mind are sweatpants. I spend a lot of time doing homework, reading books, and watching Netflix. There’s no better outfit to do these activities in than sweatpants and a hoodie.

4. Plaid and Flannel

Plaid and/or flannel is my fourth fall favorite for several reasons. The first reason is I love some pattern in my outfits. I typically go for floral but that doesn’t really fit for fall time so my next favorite is plaid/flannel. The second reason is I love color and I think plaid or flannel is a good way to add several colors to an outfit without being too much.

5. Thigh High Boots

My fifth and final fall favorite. I don’t own a pair but I think they are absolutely sexy. Fall and winter are seasons where we have to wear bulkier clothing due to the temperatures, so not everything we wear during these months are the most flattering. However, if you add a pair of thigh high boots to almost any outfit you’ve instantly gained ten sexy points.

As I said before, I’m not a fashion guru but this article sure made me feel like one. I hope you enjoyed reading about my top five favorite clothing items. Maybe you got some inspiration on what to wear this fall.

I'm ready to write!