This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Here are 12 winter/holiday themed romances for you to read before the new year!

1. Once Upon a December

Once Upon a December by Amy E. Reichert
Original photo by Aubree Chavez

This one is for those going through a breakup and looking for a bit of yuletide joy, and some magic to lift their spirits!

2. Just Like Magic

Just Like Magic by Sarah Hogle
Original photo by Aubree Chavez

Going along with the theme of magic, Sarah Hogle brings all the Christmas time magic to bring Christmas joy to those who may have a harder time celebrating the holidays.

3. Always in December

This one is for those who want a bit more of a somber story that doesn’t necessarily revolve around Christmas. Bring out the tissue box for this one.

4. One Day in December

One Day In December by Josie Silver
Original photo by Aubree Chavez

Set in London, this is winter romance that discusses meeting at the wrong time and follows the same trope of “Something Borrowed.”

5. In a Holidaze

Written by famous author Christina Lauren, this one is a quick read that will remind anyone of the movie “GroundHog Day.”

6. Santa Suit

A very quick read that will tug at your heart strings and contains a bit of mystery.

7. One Last Gift

One Last Gift by Emily Stone
Original photo by Aubree Chavez

This one, author of “Always in December”, does it again with a winter romance that will make you hold onto the tissue box.

8. Meet Me Under the Mistletoe

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe by Jenny Bayliss
Original photo by Aubree Chavez

If you are a friend to enemy to lover fanatic this one will be the winter romance you pick up this season.

9. The Twelve Dates of Christmas

A fun and cute romance that brings you along with a young woman trying to find her soulmate leading up to Christmas!

10. The Holiday Swap

Debuting in December 2021, this contains two twins swapping places. Beware for the small town romance vibes in this one.

11. All I Want for Christmas

All I Want for Christmas by Maggie Knox
Original photo by Aubree Chavez

Same author of “The Holiday Swap” will get you with this fake dating duo singer romance set in Nashville.

12. Home Sweet Christmas

This one is the second book in a series and will make you fall in love with small towns and the romances that bloom with an incoming holiday.

So, there they are, 12 holiday books for you to read! Enjoy your holiday tbr and break!

Hello everyone! My name is Aubree Chavez and I am a third-year student studying English with a minor in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. In my free time I enjoy writing, reading, and uploading videos on my youtube channel.