A Must Read: “Bossypants” by Tina Fey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

“Do your thing and don’t care if they like it”

At the University of Kansas, amidst gloomy fall weather and warm beverages, are stressed students with many upcoming exams and papers due. A great way to escape reality for a bit is to dive into a great, hilarious book. Reading a comedic novel is a nice and refreshing change from the inevitable class textbook, and Bossypants by Tina Fey is the definition of this type of hilarious novel.

If there were ever a person you would want to become best friends with, it would instantly be the infamous Tina Fey. After finishing her book I have become a completely obsessive fool with everything about her. Her writing style in her novel will completely sweep you off your feet and take you to a world of laughter. Fey has perfected the famous comedian novels and in my opinion, no one else can compare.

She starts with her early childhood and proceeds to modern times. While her life was anything but perfect, her outlook on life itself never ceased. We find out how she started in the entertainment world, and what led her to become a writer and star of Saturday Night Live, her many movie roles, and now a mother of two. So here’s to you Tina, you’ve done well!