Mr. KU Finalist: Richie Hernandez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

1. Name: Richie Hernandez

2. Major: Political science and pre-health information management with a minor in communications.

3. Year: Junior

4. Hometown: Kansas City, Kansas

5. What are three things you want to do before you graduate? I want to go one day without having a meeting to attend. Find a romance with someone who is not a total douche bag. I want to be the student body president.

6. If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be and why? If I could be anyone in the world, I would want to be Ellen DeGeneres. I would want to be Ellen because she is such an inspiring human being. She is an openly gay individual, always happy, has a ton of money that she donates to so many people and is overall amazing.

7. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is pay off my student loans. Then I would continue my goal of creating my own branch of hospitals that are open to all but more centered on taking care of military veterans.

8. What is your favorite memory at KU so far? My favorite memory at KU so far is the people I have met. If I had never met them, I would not have memories at KU in general. My friends that I have made at KU are some of the most meaningful people I have ever met in my life.

9. Where do you see yourself five years from now? Five years from now I see myself in one of two places. The first being graduate school, or in some kind of public office. I really hope to run for public office when I graduate and help change lives of people as my career.

10. Why do you think you deserve the title of Mr. KU? I think that I deserve to be Mr. KU because I am all about KU. I help and volunteer more at KU than I ever have anywhere else in my life. I know a lot of people and have been a part of a lot of organizations at KU. I have put a lot on the line to devote all of the time that I can in helping make a difference for everyone at KU. It has been my passion to help in making a difference at KU. Plus I also always match my socks with my outfit.

younger male writer from Chicago