Mr. KU Finalist: Lance Faegenburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

1. Name: Lance Faegenburg

2. Major: Social Welfare

3. Year: Senior

4. Hometown: I’ve never lived anywhere long enough to have a home town, but I think of Olathe, Kansas, as home.

5. What are three things you want to do before you graduate? Climb the campanile tower, sit on top of Fraser Hall, go sledding.

6. If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be and why? I would stay myself, sure I am pretty jacked up, but I love being me and would rather work on fixing me than work on being someone else. Then again, Tommy Chong, because that dude is hella funny.

7. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Offer as much of the winnings as it would take to get the people living in the house my great grandad built on the east side of Lawrence to sell it to me. Then go for ice cream down town and treat everyone in town to some.

8. What is your favorite memory at KU so far? DJ’ing at KJHK

9. Where do you see yourself five years from now? As a clinical social worker at the VA helping vets.

10. Why do you think you deserve the title of Mr. KU? Aside from how incredibly awesome I am, mainly because I suspect being the old guy makes me the underdog and everyone loves it when the underdog wins.
younger male writer from Chicago