1. Name: Killian Brown
2. Major: Classical Antiquities and Philosophy
3. Year: Junior
4. Hometown: Virginia Beach, Virginia
5. What are three things you want to do before you graduate? Study Abroad in Italy and Greece, move into my own place and get a Corgi
6. If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be and why? Amy Poehler. She’s hilarious and I honestly feel an emotional and spiritual connection with most everything she says.
7. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Pay off my student loans. Then get a corgi. Or two.
8. What is your favorite memory at KU so far? I was an Orientation Assistant the summer after my freshman year, and one day I worked with parents and guests. At the end of the day, a mom of an incoming student came up to me and told me that she came to KU with her daughter and she was kind of scared because this was her first child to go off to college. But she told me that I had made her day better and that she felt a million times more comfortable then she did when she first got there, and then she thanked me and gave me a hug. It was in that moment that I realized what one person can do and that helping students was what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. That mom may think that I helped her out a bunch, but it was her who helped me more than I understood at the moment.
9. Where do you see yourself five years from now? Honestly, I have no idea. I want more than anything to be working as an Admissions Representative for KU, encouraging students to apply and come to the University. I want to pass my enthusiasm and love for this school and this campus on to future students. So ideally, that’s exactly what I will be doing.
10. Why do you think you deserve the title of Mr. KU? I feel that my passion and enthusiasm for KU as well as my constant enrollment in extra-curricular activities and on-campus jobs make me an excellent candidate to be Mr. KU. I love this University with everything that I am and I have honestly never felt more at home than I do on campus and in Lawrence as a whole.