1. Name: Ken Beck
2. Major: Global and international studies
3. Year: Junior
4. Hometown: Salina, Kansas
5. What are three things you want to do before you graduate? Go skydiving, travel to Japan and climb all the Collegiate Peaks in Colorado
6. If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be and why? Tom Hanks. The guy is a legend, the characters that he plays are some of my most favorite on screen and he’s one of the few people who can take a fictional character and have it influence my thoughts and emotions in such an deeply impactful way.
7. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? I would use the mighty dollar to slay the foul student loan for long has tuition been my foe, but the mega millions would be the champion to rid me of this menace.
8. What is your favorite memory at KU so far? Freshman year my friends and I got bundled up and walked all around campus at midnight so my one friend could see his first Kansas snowfall. Everything was covered in a fresh coat of snow and campus was deserted so things were really pretty. Oh, the night the Royals won the World Series was pretty sweet too.
9. Where do you see yourself five years from now? I see myself flying off into the wild blue yonder as a Air Force pilot.
10. Why do you think you deserve the title of Mr. KU? I deserve to be Mr. KU because I feel like I’m a good representative of what it means to be a Jayhawk. I want to be welcoming to all who climb up the hills of Mt. Oread. When I see a problem that needs to be corrected, I don’t want to sit there and hope someone else fixes it, and I don’t quit easily. I think those are qualities that describe what it means to be a Jayhawk and that I see in myself.